Program-Specific Info / Q's St. Ambrose vs. St. Catherine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTstudent1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was recently accepted to the MOT program at St. Ambrose and St. Kates and am having a hard time deciding which program to choose. When I toured St. Ambrose I really liked the program and liked that they had brand new facilities and what seemed to be unique classroom/learning settings. They had a kitchen/bath/bedroom set up in the classroom, room with swings/balls/etc for the pediatric studies, computerized mannequins, assistive technology lab, etc. When I toured St. Kates I did not see anything like that and it was just typical classrooms. However, tuition at St. Amrbose is about $25,000 more and that makes me nervous! Does anyone have any opinion on either program? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was accepted to the MOT program at St. Ambrose as well, and am planning on attending. I have never visited St. Kates, so I cant give advice about their program, but I was very impressed with St. Ambrose when I toured as well. I love closeness of the program and every time I have emailed someone with a question they have responded extremely fast and have always been super nice. When I visited, I was walking in the hallway and one of the professors stopped and talked to me for a while without even knowing who I was. She showed me one of the classrooms and went over and beyond to make me feel welcomed and just have a nice friendly conversation. It just felt like the right school for me, and I could tell that right away.

I favor St. Ambrose of course because that's where I'll be attending, but it's important to find the best fit for you! :)

Thanks for your response! That's exactly how I felt as well! The only thing making me hesitate is how much more tuition is there than the other schools. I guess after reading some posts on here that 100,000 is a pretty average (though scary) amount of debt for OT school.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the tuition comparisons for St. Ambrose and St. Kates? I heard that St. Ambrose is estimated to be around $29k per year for next fall

Thats what I heard too so for the whole program approximately 87,000 vs 64,000

Yeah that is a large difference, lots of things to consider when picking a school and what fit is right