Spreadsheet of DO Schools with GPA/MCAT stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would bet money (if I had any) that this is for COMP-Pomona. The data on their site was switched between campuses accidentally. Based on app numbers, interviews, and in-state percentages also being swapped. And just how it’s been trending. So might wanna update that.
Yeah probably, however having an average of 510 is quite unprecedented as far as I know :D

Members don't see this ad.

Major update - 5/20/20
  • ACOM - updated average cGPA
  • ARCOM - updated CASPER requirement
  • BCOM - updated stats
  • DMUCOM - updated stats
  • MUCOM - updated stats
  • MWU-AZCOM - updated average MCAT
  • OU-HCOM - updated sGPA
  • RVUCOM - updated stats
  • WVSOM - updated stats
  • WesternU COMP-Pomona - updated stats
  • WesternU COMP-Lebabon - updated stats
Last 2-3 matriculating class at ACOM had an MCAT average of 503

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! just curious - how/where were you able to find the averages for CHSU-COM? I know they're a newer school so I haven't been able to find as much about their last incoming class, but I'm really interested in applying to them this cycle
Thanks!

hi! just curious - how/where were you able to find the averages for CHSU-COM? I know they're a newer school so I haven't been able to find as much about their last incoming class, but I'm really interested in applying to them this cycle
Thanks!

It seems they changed the wording from last year. It was somewhere along the lines of: "a successful applicant will have grade point averages (GPA) of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale." I took it as their desired average for the inaugural class.

Side note: they raised the minimum MCAT from 496 to 498.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Small Update - 5/28/20
  • CHSU-COM - updated notes regarding stats of the inaugural class.

are there any sheets or websites available which contain data on matriculated, no of interviews, interviews offered by school for DO ?

Update: 5/15/21

Updated stats across the board

Added new campus - VCOM-Louisiana
Added new school - Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Inaugural class in Fall 2021)

Previous cycle average cGPA: 3.56
Previous cycle average sGPA: 3.49
Previous cycle average MCAT: 504.16

Current cycle average cGPA: 3.57
Current cycle average sGPA: 3.50
Current cycle average MCAT: 504.14

Δ Average cGPA =+0.01
Δ Average sGPA =+0.01
Δ Average MCAT = -0.02

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Update: 5/15/21

Updated stats across the board

Added new campus - VCOM-Louisiana
Added new school - Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Inaugural class in Fall 2021)

Previous cycle average cGPA: 3.56
Previous cycle average sGPA: 3.49
Previous cycle average MCAT: 504.16

Current cycle average cGPA: 3.57
Current cycle average sGPA: 3.50
Current cycle average MCAT: 504.14

Δ Average cGPA =+0.01
Δ Average sGPA =+0.01
Δ Average MCAT = -0.02

I want to throw out there this was a life saver this past cycle when creating my list.

Also ICOMs "Minimums" are not hard cutoffs for any future applicants reading this.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
CUSOM has made their new minimum score as the 40TH percentile overall AS WELL as in each subsection.

Thanks, updated the notes section to reflect this.
Thank you, I thought it was important to note because they informed me it would be a waste of time to apply for their institution, despite higher MCAT overall and GPA than averages, because one of my subsections was below the 40th percentile.

CUSOM has made their new minimum score as the 40TH percentile overall AS WELL as in each subsection.
Something to note as well... their cutoffs for gpa is kinda hard cutoffs, as in they will reject you pre-secondary.
However, if you’ve done gpa repair and ask them to look at your app (Evan after rejection)sometimes they will re-review your app and you can still be accepted 🤷‍♂️.

Update - 10/21/21

Updated stats for CCOM
  • New cGPA: 3.63 (previous 3.6)
  • New sGPA: 3.56 (previous 3.5)
  • New MCAT: 510 (previous 508)

Reactions: 1 users
Update - 10/21/21

Updated stats for CCOM
  • New cGPA: 3.63 (previous 3.6)
  • New sGPA: 3.56 (previous 3.5)
  • New MCAT: 510 (previous 508)

That MCAT is pretty interesting, it's pretty darn close to many state and lower/mid tier MD schools.

I created this spreadsheet several months ago to quickly find out the average MCAT/GPA and letter requirements for all DO schools. I also used it to keep track of my application process during secondary season.

Osteopathic Medical School List (2021-2022)

To make your own private copy:
  • Click on “File” > “Make a copy...” -- This will create a new private file for you in your Google Drive/Sheets. (You will only see this option if you are signed in to your Gmail account.)
I hope this helps! Please let me know if I listed inaccurate information.
Thanks for your hard work. I am sure this spreadsheet will be very helpful to potential DO applicants.

As I went through the spreadsheet and compared the data to the MCAT/GPA scores of accepted MD students it seemed to me that DO schools look for GPAs that approximate the GPAs of MD students but the average MCAT scores among DO students are far below the averages among MD students.

If I were running an admissions office at a DO school I would turn that around. I would look for high MCAT applicants and lower my GPA expectations. I would prefer applicants with a 510 on the MCAT and: 1) a BS from Carnegie Mellon, Harvey Mudd, MIT etc. with a 3.25 GPA; or 2) someone with a 3.25 in chemistry, physics or engineering from anywhere. I would think that medical students with high MCATs from rigorous undergrad programs would have a much higher chance of graduating and passing boards than someone with a 3.6 in sociology and a 502.

It also seems to me that the striking MCAT score difference indicates that a significant number of allopathic medical school applicants will simply not apply to an osteopathic medical school even if it means never becoming a physician. There appears to be a whole bunch of people with MCAT scores between 504 and 510 who will not apply to osteopathic schools but I can't determine what that number might be. I have tried to find articles including estimates of "MD or Nothing!" but I can't find any.