All Branch Topic (ABT) Speeding ticket after I submitted my background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdf123g

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my background check (long ~50 page application) to my recruiter a few months ago. I recently got convicted of a speeding ticket. Do I tell my recruiter or does it really not matter? Will it harm my application if I were to tell my recruiter? Can I get my scholarship retroactively revoked? Right now I am at the final stages of receiving the HPSP scholarship in which I just have to wait for the board to convene.

Thanks
-M

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my background check (long ~50 page application) to my recruiter a few months ago. I recently got convicted of a speeding ticket. Do I tell my recruiter or does it really not matter? Will it harm my application if I were to tell my recruiter? Can I get my scholarship retroactively revoked? Right now I am at the final stages of receiving the HPSP scholarship in which I just have to wait for the board to convene.

Thanks
-M

Really....you're worried about a speeding ticket? Unless you are convicted for reckless driving, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Holy Christ, they are going to crucify you. You'd best flee the country. Look for somewhere without extradition. You could Snowden it up in Moscow.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait. Serious question: did they find a dead hooker in the trunk?

Reactions: 1 user
So tell my recruiter cuz its not a big deal? Or dont tell because its really not a big deal?

Last edited:
Was this just a routine speeding ticket? Because when you say "convicted," it makes me wonder.

Technically, you're accused of speeding, and then admit guilt when you pay the ticket. If that's what you mean, then I wouldn't say anything to the recruiter because it doesn't matter.

If you went to court to fight a normal speeding ticket (let's say 10mph over) and you were found guilty (hence, convicted), then I wouldn't mention it because it doesn't matter.

If you got reckless driving, DUI, or your speeding ticket was added to your probation for involuntary manslaughter, then that's a different issue.

Was this just a routine speeding ticket? Because when you say "convicted," it makes me wonder.

Technically, you're accused of speeding, and then admit guilt when you pay the ticket. If that's what you mean, then I wouldn't say anything to the recruiter because it doesn't matter.

If you went to court to fight a normal speeding ticket (let's say 10mph over) and you were found guilty (hence, convicted), then I wouldn't mention it because it doesn't matter.

If you got reckless driving, DUI, or your speeding ticket was added to your probation for involuntary manslaughter, then that's a different issue.
I got one of those two but it was reduced to a regular speeding ticket.

You better hope that DUI isn't in your record bc it could be an automatic no-go.

DUI is a fast stop. If it's not on your record, and you know it's not, keep your mouth shut about it.

DUIs don't get pleaded down to speeding. In many states, reckless driving is automatic above a certain threshold and almost always pled down to a violation. OP, its simple really. No misdemeanor, no problem. Yes misdemeanor (or worse)...problem.

Oh, and slow the **** down dips hit

Reactions: 1 users
Don't tell your recruiter because chances are they have speeding tickets too and will think you're foolish for even bringing it up. One of my recruiters informed me he drove 100+mph from San Diego to Minneapolis in his new Cadi CTS-V.

A speeding ticket doesn't mean jack. However, a DUI is automatic DQ.