Specific School/High School Count Effect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentgal111

Reaction score
I know I am probably being paranoid, but I am wondering if applying to more schools would make other schools reject you because they think you'll get in elsewhere. I have another post similar please don't flag this because I am also wondering if applying to a school that has a large class size would defer admissions on other schools because they think that other school would accept you. For example, I applied to 12 schools already. I was going to add NYU on my list but was finishing the essay required for the primary. Since NYU's class size is 375, would another school maybe think of not giving me an interview bc they think I will get accepted elsewhere, like NYU? I know most schools will not know the amount or specific schools I applied to but for secondaries so far, a few have already asked me to list them out.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, schools can’t see other schools youve applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
doesn't really work like that. Only a handful of schools ask how many/what schools you applied to. I have had friends apply in last year's cycle and get rejected from NYU but accepted at temple and UPENN. Some schools will reject applicants way above or below their average stats because they think they will get alot of offers and they might as well give an acceptance to a different person who may be less competitive but will most likely matriculate. This is my own opinion but I can't see another explanation for being rejected from NYU and accepted at UPENN which I heard a handful of times from friends or on this forum.

Reactions: 1 user
doesn't really work like that. Only a handful of schools ask how many/what schools you applied to. I have had friends apply in last year's cycle and get rejected from NYU but accepted at temple and UPENN. Some schools will reject applicants way above or below their average stats because they think they will get alot of offers and they might as well give an acceptance to a different person who may be less competitive but will most likely matriculate. This is my own opinion but I can't see another explanation for being rejected from NYU and accepted at UPENN which I heard a handful of times from friends or on this forum.
Oh wow, that is helpful to know and I can see why some schools would do that.