Special situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anti-PD1

Brain/Spine/Nerves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a neurosurgery resident, starting my 3rd year. 260 Step 1, 255 Step 2 CK.

I can’t tell you much about lupus nephritis anymore. How should I study for Step 3?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just a medical student but it sounds like you should just do UWorld like everyone else? That's what people in non-IM type fields do from what I understand and you scored well previously so you will relearn it super quickly I bet. Your background is there and you just need to pass.

I took it as a gen surg PGY5 in May (long story, super stressful, don’t recommend). I used the Conrad Fisher online lectures (about half of the lectures) and did maybe half of the uworld questions and about half of the cases. Passed with a mediocre score of 220, but who cares as long as you pass. You may not need to do that much, but for me I had only one shot to get it done. The first day was awful for me (lots of basic science stuff that isn’t relevant to actual practice and lots of stats with little time, second day was a breeze, cases were really easy IMO).