Sound Machine Rec's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

szymk1sm

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase some sound machines for a busy hallway (houses RA/CRC offices, as well as offices used for testing across 5+ studies).

While the Dohm corded electric ones are ideal, we have some issues with location of power outlets compared to the door (obv an extension cord could fix this, but I'm looking at all my options).

Does anyone have recommendations for battery-powered sound machines that they like?

I'm looking for something that's quality-made with good / loud volume and white noise (other sound options are fine). There are a bunch of options on Amazon, so I was hoping to get some specific product recommendations from peers who use similar machines.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If there's a power outlet on the wall just inside the door (on door handle side) , I've seen a lot of offices just run the power wire from the machine around the door frame to the outlet. They make little hammer/push in clips that can hold the wire along the path from machine to outlet to prevent cable mess or people tripping over the cable.

The Dohm is a classic, nothing beats the actual fan powered white noise; the electronic ones never seemed to sound quite right!

Reactions: 1 user