This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barbarocrat Bajaj

Reaction score
In terms of clinical volunteering and research opportunities, I wanted to get some advice and ideas as to what/how medical background would benefit my credentials. I am a Rising 3rd-Semester Sophomore in College.

My understanding is that most students in the process of applying to Medical School have a culmination of useful experiences that stand out on their applications, but I'm a bit confused as to what the "process" of finding such opportunities is, if there is one. Is there something that I should be focusing on in particular?

Besides Organic Chemistry, I have a pretty light course-load next semester. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insight you could give me on this topic, because I would be very grateful. At the moment, I guess that I'm just kind of confused.

-- B.B.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't hunt for the perfect golden opportunity. Instead, simply look for any opportunity where you're positioned to 1) have patient contact 2) pursue intellectual curiosity. People don't just stumble into useful experiences; instead, experiences become useful through a honest pursuit.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't hunt for the perfect golden opportunity. Instead, simply look for any opportunity where you're positioned to 1) have patient contact 2) pursue intellectual curiosity. People don't just stumble into useful experiences; instead, experiences become useful through a honest pursuit.

So that opportunity could be anything from research to clinical volunteering?

So that opportunity could be anything from research to clinical volunteering?
Yes, you should aim to begin all necessary opportunities such as clinical vol., nonclinical vol, and research.

Reactions: 1 user