some questions about neurosurgery residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pro1212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there

i am from Egypt , just finished the revolt :)):):))
i have some questions about the neurosurgery residency programs , for my brother who is willing to get this residency .

what are the prerequisites for neurosurgery residency , i do not know if i got this clear , but is neuro psychiatry course required to be illegible for neurosurgery program ?

if i am a neuropsychiatry resident here in Egypt , and want to get a neurosurgery residency after step 2 CS , does it help me or increase my chances ?

i know that neurosurgery is a very competitive specialty , but as an IMG do i have a chance . I know that pretty high scores in USMLE step 1 and step 2 besides USCE , LoR's and research are needed to increse my chances, what else is need to get that competitive residency

do you have statistics about neurosurgery programs , how many residents in US and percentage of IMG's ?

do you have a rank list (my English is a disaster , i think i am making a new language ) for the neurosurgery programs in US ?

that's all for now , thank you for your time and effort

Members don't see this ad.

hi there

i am from Egypt , just finished the revolt :)):):))
i have some questions about the neurosurgery residency programs , for my brother who is willing to get this residency .

what are the prerequisites for neurosurgery residency , i do not know if i got this clear , but is neuro psychiatry course required to be illegible for neurosurgery program ?

if i am a neuropsychiatry resident here in Egypt , and want to get a neurosurgery residency after step 2 CS , does it help me or increase my chances ?

i know that neurosurgery is a very competitive specialty , but as an IMG do i have a chance . I know that pretty high scores in USMLE step 1 and step 2 besides USCE , LoR's and research are needed to increse my chances, what else is need to get that competitive residency

do you have statistics about neurosurgery programs , how many residents in US and percentage of IMG's ?

do you have a rank list (my English is a disaster , i think i am making a new language ) for the neurosurgery programs in US ?

that's all for now , thank you for your time and effort

I recommend checking out uncleharvey.com.