Technology Software for the pocket pc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

me454555

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at PDAs to buy for 3rd year and I think I've settled on a pocket pc b/c of the wifi stuff. Does anyone who own one have any software issues with it? I.E. are there certain must have programs for palm that are not available on pocket pc?

Also, what programs would you recommend highly for a ppc pda? There a couple of lists up here but they seem to have links to palm sites and I can't seem to find any lists for ppc.

Members don't see this ad.

just from my experience with pda's... (i own the hp h4155- i want to upgrade for vga screen!)

some of my uses for it are: (in order of importance, and bolded are medically related)

SPB pocket plus
pocket excel
WMP
wifi
PIE
Pocket Consult - with First Consult (only reason to really need a PDA in med school) -- i hear epocrates is better though
Diagnosaurus
eponyms
Contacts
AIM

most of these are free and/or built in software. others like first consult/epocrates are subscription based, but are really neat in that you can look up...

1.) drugs, dosage, clinical pharm, indications/contraindications, availability, cost, precautions, pregnancy, side effects, special considerations, brand/class

2.) diseases, urgent actions, codes, causes, DDx, signs, Sx, test, Tx, drugs, prognosis, risk factor... and so forth

Hello

I have a PPC myself (Axim X30) and I am really satisfied with it. It was cheap and has all the connectivity that I need. Most applications are available for both platforms, so this should not keep you from getting a PPC.

regards,
Leo