Socmob

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RepairTech

Safety First!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to make one thing perfectly clear .... heh heh.

I found a site, EMTcity, which is all EMT stuff, good because it's all EMT stuff, bad possibly because this site is doctors and nurses and EMTs and even vets, so we're all talking to each other more.

Anyway, none of you jumped on it so ..... my username there is SOCMOB! Booyah! I got teh best username Evar!

Sad to say except for keeping up with the "things I learned from my patients" thread, I'm probably gonna pretty much spend my time there since well, becoming an EMT is my thing right now. See ya's again more if I go into nursing or something like that indoors after that. This is a great site. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

You do realise some of the people on this site may frequent other sites such as the city? Do not think nursing is all "indoors." I work pre-hospital and spent time overseas working in remote and austere environments by US standards. In addition, physicians, nurses, midlevels, and allied providers frequent the city. Good luck in your studies; however, do not fall into provider stereotyping. You may find providers working interesting roles. Such as, respiratory therapists working HEMS and nurses working EMS. On addition, it is not uncommon to have paramedics working in the hospital. We even have paramedics working with the cath lab teams in my neck of the woods.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just emphasizing that there is quite a bit of overlap and not all providers fall into the indoor outdoor stereotype. Someone new to EMS may not even think about paramedics working in the cath lab. There are some interesting possibilities available for EMS professionals.

I'm still going to read here, just not talk much, but then I wasn't talking much anyway!

This site kicks er.... butt, I can say butt right?

Mainly the post was to brag about getting the username SOCMOB lol. :laugh:

Wow. I mentioned getting a scanner radio on EMT City and the mud started flying! No, not well-reasoned arguments nor some good ol' insult-flinging and jibes, nope no sireee! Nope they have a "karma point" system there that allows you to fling good or bad at people anonymously, and the poo did fly! So I told 'em C-yas and well, good place to go in and read, I really don't want to talk there.

So if anyone wants the name SOCMOB, maybe I can get an admin there to free up the name because I won't be back. I've signed out but I'm not sure how to cancel my account. You're welcome to it, someone.

Sigh. The sysops won't get rid of the account "SOCMOB" so I can't free it up for someone else. Plus, apparently there are what's known as "light chasers" over there and they think I might be one! All I can do is turn my back on the whole stinkin' deal, nothing constructive is going to happen over there so, just the site as a read-only, and maybe eventually my account will "age out".

Haha I should have chosen the name "hoo flung poo" or "rigid digit" with the requisite :thumbup: icon kinda like that but ...... not a thumb sticking up lol. :p

repairtech,

There are some of us in EMS who take our profession seriously and strive to increase the education and professional standing of paramedics (many of these people frequent EMTCity). We like to think of our job as focused on the medicine and the patients, not badges, uniforms, lights and sirens, and radios that seem to attract the wrong type of person to our field. Understand that people may have jumped down your throat on the other forum because your first thread as a new member was about a radio scanner, and many of us have had negative experiences with people jumping to buy equipment before they even finish the basic level EMT class. I encourage you to stick around the EMTcity forum despite your negative experience, because you will learn a lot over there. Remember that an EMT class is only the very beginning and you should seek advice over at emtcity on how to further your EMS education.