SOAPing people!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IronDoll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you getting any calls yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet...

Many haven't even downloaded the application yet. I made sure to have everything done by 2pm. Wonder why?

Do they know anything about the applicant before downloading the application? Like USMLE scores, maybe? That would at least explain why they may be not interested to the point of not downloading at all.

I applied to most places before 2 pm, but still no downloads.

most of mine have downloaded, a couple haven't though. argh.

So far I have one email from a program director asking to schedule a telephone interview. I don't know whether to expect more scheduling emails like this or random calls for interviews. Good luck to everyone!

So far I have one email from a program director asking to schedule a telephone interview. I don't know whether to expect more scheduling emails like this or random calls for interviews. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck with the interview, hope you get an offer!

email before phone is good. anyone else confirm thats how its going? or have people gotten random calls.

1 phone call...but the program doesn't even show up on my "Tracking" page on ERAS for some reason, hope that doesn't matter.

Any of you having deans, admins and PDs make calls on their behalf regardless of the rules? Doing it myself but wondering if I'm at even more of a disadvantage right now. I hate this waiting and wondering

Any of you having deans, admins and PDs make calls on their behalf regardless of the rules? Doing it myself but wondering if I'm at even more of a disadvantage right now. I hate this waiting and wondering

kidding, right?

I hope you realize the foolishness of broadcasting, to a heavily monitored website nonetheless, that you're violating the Match agreement ON TOP of identifying your (hopefully not) real name as your user ID.

I hope you realize the foolishness of broadcasting, to a heavily monitored website nonetheless, that you're violating the Match agreement ON TOP of identifying your (hopefully not) real name as your user ID.

Don't think that person was saying she was doing this.

Also, it's only a violation to get someone else to initiate contact for you - I believe once you are contacted someone can call on your behalf as a reference, etc.

Sorry everyone. I'm just so frustrated right now.

And i'm not doing it. Sadly I'm alone in this process-- literally alone in my kitchen, staring down the phone. I was just asking if it is still happening. I just feel sad and alone that even if I wanted, I really have no contacts that would speak on my behalf because I'm a year out from school and on the opposite coast of my medical school alma mater.

And it's not my real name. i'm no good at making usernames so it's a name i remember.

Still nothing. 15 downloads.

And i'm not doing it. Sadly I'm alone in this process-- literally alone in my kitchen, staring down the phone. I was just asking if it is still happening. I just feel sad and alone that even if I wanted, I really have no contacts that would speak on my behalf because I'm a year out from school and on the opposite coast of my medical school alma mater.

And it's not my real name. i'm no good at making usernames so it's a name i remember.

hang in there. i feel like poo too :(

Mine is all downloaded. Now I can start wondering if they are not calling because they just don't like what they see.

Hey guys,

Just figured it out! If you applied categorical, then want to reapply for a prelim spot, you have to go to the tab on the top of the ERAS application that says "Re-Apply to Programs." From there, you can select programs that still have a position or preliminary spot open.

Hope this helps!

Hey guys,

Just figured it out! If you applied categorical, then want to reapply for a prelim spot, you have to go to the tab on the top of the ERAS application that says "Re-Apply to Programs." From there, you can select programs that still have a position or preliminary spot open.

Hope this helps!

Thats how I did it but I was unable to specify prelim or categorical. There was no such option. A couple of programs did have both prelim and cat positions.

Well, what's done is done. :scared:

Thats how I did it but I was unable to specify prelim or categorical. There was no such option. A couple of programs did have both prelim and cat positions.

Well, what's done is done. :scared:

I had the same issue

It would still be worthwhile to contact your old med school dean's office and ask if there's anything they can do within the new guidelines. You never know.

how come my USMLE transcripts say *not yet retrieved* but everything else is??

Had a call at 6EST on the dot (no email). Any idea if programs are still calling. It's now 750EST.

I had two calls that ended about half an hour ago. (~8pm). They gave me their cell, told me that if I had questions to call and ask up until ~9-10pm tonight their time zone and tomorrow. It sounds like they have a mountain of apps to go thorough. Last year everything was applicant driven, the phone calls, the faxing of documents. This year seems like the onus is them to call and schedule and work out interviews

So, the USMLE scores were released this morning... Do you people have any other news? Please let me know how this is going for you.

I applied to psych programs, and havent heard a thing.

I left the computer briefly to go down the street for some Starbucks. It's looking as though I probably should have grabbed an application while I was at it.

Revving up to spend the rest of the day staring anxiously at my empty inbox, and thinking up a way to break the news to my family.

I applied to psych programs, and havent heard a thing.

I left the computer briefly to go down the street for some Starbucks. It's looking as though I probably should have grabbed an application while I was at it.

Revving up to spend the rest of the day staring anxiously at my empty inbox, and thinking up a way to break the news to my family.

Same thing with the family here...
Just curious, did you have soap in mind while choosing your screen name?

Haha no to the screen name question. I havent been on here in quite a while... Certainly apropo now :laugh:

Haha no to the screen name question. I havent been on here in quite a while... Certainly apropo now :laugh:

Anyone know if it's a violation of the match or not to release the NRMP regional stats to people who did not go through the match?

I got another call. So dont worry guys. From what i was told this particular program was reviewing apps all day yesterday and started calling people of interest today. Hang in there. Its just the begining Of this ******ed process.
Best of luck. I hope we all match.

I got another call. So dont worry guys. From what i was told this particular program was reviewing apps all day yesterday and started calling people of interest today. Hang in there. Its just the begining Of this ******ed process.
Best of luck. I hope we all match.

Thanks for the info! Do you mind sharing which specialty are you applying to?

Anyone know if it's a violation of the match or not to release the NRMP regional stats to people who did not go through the match?

Any release of information before NRMP releases it is a violation. Only people going through the match are allowed to have NRMP information regarding stats, open spots, etc at this point.

Any release of information before NRMP releases it is a violation. Only people going through the match are allowed to have NRMP information regarding stats, open spots, etc at this point.

NRMP has already released the regional stats, that's what i'm asking. Basically if it would be ok to let someone see those if they did not participate in the match.

I would avoid releasing the information. If NRMP has already released it, then the other person should be able to find it themselves without needing a login from match participation. Thus, a non issue. If the other person cannot find the information without a login, then this is a match violation.

I would avoid releasing the information. If NRMP has already released it, then the other person should be able to find it themselves without needing a login from match participation. Thus, a non issue. If the other person cannot find the information without a login, then this is a match violation.

I see. Ok, that's why I asked. Thanks!

what kind of an MD deserves this tell me?!

uhuhuhuhuhu

+pity+

+pissed+

^lol at the gif.

I'm gonna go apply for a job at macdonalds.

Nothing... applied to 30 programs... advanced anesthesia and fam med in the hopes of having something for sure... but no bites.

This sucks! to say the least....

Nothing... applied to 30 programs... advanced anesthesia and fam med in the hopes of having something for sure... but no bites.

This sucks! to say the least....

Aren't you a resident already?

applied internal, fp..heard from two last night and one just 15 minutes ago, all from the east coast, and most of them FP...talked to PD's, residents and admins, all sounded like they were trying to sell me their programs, and that they have anyone who can speak call for them...also from talking to the last program on the east coast that called me, sounds like they were review apps this am, and just now started to call...good luck everyone !

I got a call from another program. This time west coast. All together it will be 5. They are still reviewing applications so dont loose hope guys. Everyone is New to this process so we all dont know what to expect.
Good luck once again. It will all be good. Think positive.

I'm applying to advanced programs and haven't got any calls yet. Is it possible that you get offers tomorrow without receiving phone calls?

I really really hope so! But so far the consensus says no. Not unless you've previously interviewed before during the regular Match.

Is it better to get a US phone number if you're outside the states to make it easier for the PD to call you?

I think I just figured out one of the reasons Im not getting called. Up until the last time I checked the ADTS feature, my USMLE transcripts still hadnt been sent to most programs. I took Step 2 CS and didnt have the results when I made my CV and ERAS app, so on my CV it doesnt show anything about step 2 CS, on my app, it says "awaiting results". And theres no way to contact the programs to tell them that I have since passed CS, or its a match violation. To them, when they were looking at my documents initally it looked either like I hadnt taken it or Im still awaiting results.
NRMP you are awesome