SOAP question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOFOSHO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have several advanced programs listed on my Primary ROL, each with several prelim positions on my Secondary ROLs. I am concerned about a scenario in which I don't match any of the prelims and thus my Primary ROL will be exhausted and I'll go unmatched for advanced positions. Would it be wise to just rank Advanced positions with no secondary ROL so I can at least match an advanced position then soap into a prelim?

Members don't see this ad.

This is not how the match works. You asked the same question on your other thread. The match will try to place you into advanced programs based upon your main rank list. If you match somewhere advanced, then it will try to place you into a prelim on your supplemental list. If that fails, the match stops -- you get your advanced program, and no prelim which you then SOAP for.

The question is whether you should rank your prelims on your MAIN rank list, under your advanced programs. This gives you a chance to match prelim without advanced. It depends on whether you'd like to go into SOAP for an advanced spot, or stay completely unmatched and be able to get a categorical spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.