SOAP note question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izzie516

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been told that I will be writing a SOAP note during one of my on-site interviews. Does anyone know if using drug references on a PDA is allowed at all for this kind of writing assignment? :confused: Otherwise I will have to spend some time memorizing the many things I have forgotten already :(. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I understand you're nervous about it, but c'mon... you really think anyone besides that specific program you're interviewing for can answer that question?

I would imagine that no, you can't use a PDA.

probably program specific. I got hit with some stuff I didn't specifically remember today, but they wanted me to work through it out loud to see my thought processes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would imagine that no, you can't use a PDA.

probably program specific. I got hit with some stuff I didn't specifically remember today, but they wanted me to work through it out loud to see my thought processes.

Here's my tip on SOAP. KISS it!

I understand you're nervous about it, but c'mon... you really think anyone besides that specific program you're interviewing for can answer that question?

After 5 days of waiting, I've finally received an answer from the director and the answer is no pda is allowed, so I'm going to spend some time reviewing some basic stuff.

Thank you everyone! :)