Army So who's doing mandatory PT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baron Samedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Learned that my unit as well as many other AMEDD units are having everybody do mandatory early morning PT now in preparation for ACFT. Who's pumped??? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Learned that my unit as well as many other AMEDD units are having everybody do mandatory early morning PT now in preparation for ACFT. Who's pumped??? :cool:

I knew it was Army before you even said it....good luck with that and make sure to code your G hours in DHMRSi

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
They expanded our mandatory PT from all enlisted personnel to everyone below Colonel (ostensibly) for "esprit de corps" purposes and I am one of four (I think) officers to actually show up. Supposedly we need to get at least 70 points (infantry standard) but my AOC is 60 min and I doubt some of my coworkers will make 70 across the board by October...or ever...

Members don't see this ad :)
They expanded our mandatory PT from all enlisted personnel to everyone below Colonel (ostensibly) for "esprit de corps" purposes and I am one of four (I think) officers to actually show up. Supposedly we need to get at least 70 points (infantry standard) but my AOC is 60 min and I doubt some of my coworkers will make 70 across the board by October...or ever...

A lot of folks are going to fail the first for record ACFT this fall. My guess is some changes will be made such as a total number of points over the entire test required and the ability to not pass 1 event or so, but still pass overall. I think the leg tuck is going to be the largest fail across the board.

A lot of folks are going to fail the first for record ACFT this fall. My guess is some changes will be made such as a total number of points over the entire test required and the ability to not pass 1 event or so, but still pass overall. I think the leg tuck is going to be the largest fail across the board.
Leg tuck is harder than you think if you’ve never done a leg tuck. TONS of fails coming

Reactions: 1 user
Leg tuck is gonna be a killer, no doubt.

Also, the new pushup can be tough due to narrow hand placement if you normally spread your arms out a bit for the current test.

Leg tuck is harder than you think if you’ve never done a leg tuck. TONS of fails coming
A lot more upper body strength than you expect that's for sure!

Leg tuck is gonna be a killer, no doubt.

Also, the new pushup can be tough due to narrow hand placement if you normally spread your arms out a bit for the current test.

yep! I do wide arm push ups usually. Can do 50 of them easily. When I was doing the ones at DCC I got to about 35 and thought I was going to die.