So What Did You Do....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsuDO2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread under the allopathic forum and thought it was pretty interesting. I think it might be nice to here the stories everyone has and what everyone did when they found out they were accepted. When I called MSU for the second time (the first time I called the secretary told me to call back later- talk about stress!), I went totally numb. Of course, none of my roommates were home so I couldn't share my joy with anyone. Then I called my mom, who wasn't home (of course), and then my dad at work, and then my brother. That night, I wish I would have done something special but I didn't. I waited until the weekend to celebrate :)

Members don't see this ad.

slickness

i decided on DO school. when i was a little girl i wanted to be a kind, gentle doctor. i think my apprehension has been more about ~am i ready~ to take on the challenges of professional school than should i go teach in africa or become a DO.

anyways, wish me luck.

When I got into my first school, I did'nt quite believe that I got in. It did'nt hit me till 3:00 in the moring that I was in, of course then I had to call my parents...:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I started humping the FedEx guy's leg, which he didn't appreciate. He ran away mumbling something about never delivering packages from Tulsa again...

the eyes welled up, hands shaking, giddy/excited, smile ear to ear...

thanked god (A LOT), called girlfriend (no answer), called parents.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I never thought I'd get a single interview so *SEE ABOVE* for when the LECOM interview notice came too ;)

I was on my way back from picking up my parents from the airport. They flew in on a Friday to come to my Saturday graduation. After putting all of their luggage into my appartment, I went to check my mailbox, thinking: " I don't even know why I bother checking" And there it was, a big envelope from NYCOM. I opened it thinking it was a going to be a waitinglist notice or a
"I'm sorry, you suck, other applicants are better than you" letter. It turns out it was an acceptance letter. I started crying (yes, I am a girl! so I do cry on this ocassions). I started talking in english to my roomate, telling her the good news and my parents had no idea what was going on. They thought I had told my friend that someone died, because she hugged me and started crying with me. My parents were clueless because they don't speak any English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually, after the crying stopped I told my parents what we were crying about and they got all happy and of course, the crying started again!!!!!!:laugh: After the second round of crying stopped, I sent e-mails to all my friends and family, textmess everyone I know that owns a cell phone and phone some of my closest friends.

NYCOM 2007 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a Thursday morning. I was in the OR getting ready to monitor a TAA surgery. In the middle of the action I received a page form my wife. She told me that KCOM has called and they want to talk to me. The admissions counselor even left her number at home. I soon as I made sure that the surgery is going as it should, I called KCOM. My admissions counselor said congratulations! You have been accepted. The only thank you words came form my mouth were ? are you serious?? She said, ?Yes.?

Now back to the surgery?It was very hard to concentrate?But I did?

Good Luck for everyone!

I was still in college, I think it was a Wednesday or Thursday, and NSUCOM had called me saying I forgot to sign a paper while I was there interviewing (or something along those lines). She said I need the signature for the acceptance. I said "I'm accepted?" She said "Oh, yeah, you're accepted."

Needless to say my roommates and I got waste-o that night, celebrating my new found career. Took lots and lots of pictures of me kissing absolutely everyone and anyone...

Q

As a first time applicant, I hope one day to add my experience to this thread. That's great!

I was in vegas when my dad called me to tell me the news. I was so excited, bought a bottle of champagne, got drunk, gambled and partied the night away. It was great.

WITH TEARS STREAMING FROM MY FACE, I HIT THE FLOOR, AND ON MY KNEES I THANKED THE LORD FOR HIS WILL, AND I ASKED HIM TO CONTINUE GUIDING MY HEART THROUGH THE REST OF MY LIFE. IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY! MAY THE GLORY BE UNTO JESUS CHRIST WHO HAS STRENGTHNED ME THROUGOUT MY LIFE. :)

JJ

there's a contrast in posts if I've ever seen one... lol :laugh:

:rolleyes:

After my wife and I stopped celebrated, I put on my most somber voice and called my mom. I said in a very depressing tone that I had gotten a letter from TUCOM. She saw right through my ruse and said, "You got in didn't you." I said yes and the rest is history.

I looked at my checkbook and thought "this is going to be interesting."