So much for anonymity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always thought I was relatively anonymous here on SDN despite using my name, but a couple classmates caught up with me after lecture today and mentioned they'd seen my posts here (Hi there, Stephen & Nich(olas?)). I suppose I'll have to start using some discretion when I post, instead of popping off with whatever comes to mind now.

The good news, of course, is that SDN fever has apparently spread to IUSD. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Damn, that's all we need is more hoosiers posting on here :p

Originally posted by aphistis
I always thought I was relatively anonymous here on SDN despite using my name, but a couple classmates caught up with me after lecture today and mentioned they'd seen my posts here (Hi there, Stephen & Nich(olas?)). I suppose I'll have to start using some discretion when I post, instead of popping off with whatever comes to mind now.

i still don't see your fem classmate that went to my undergrad Aphistis.:)

as far as more hoosiers go, zurich i don't think we have any here on sdn besides aphistis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by PERFECT3435

as far as more hoosiers go, zurich i don't think we have any here on sdn besides aphistis.
I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing her here, Ahmad. ;)

I'm at IU-Bloomington, so I'm actually a true Hoosier. All of you future, or current, IUPUI kids are faux-Hoosiers in my book and are not worthy of the praise that is associated with being a real Hoosier.

Originally posted by Zurich5
I'm at IU-Bloomington, so I'm actually a true Hoosier. All of you future, or current, IUPUI kids are faux-Hoosiers in my book and are not worthy of the praise that is associated with being a real Hoosier.
This from a guy who's bailing out on his alma mater for Chicago!

This from a guy who's bailing out on his alma mater for Chicago!

You?d be surprised by how many kids from IU just migrate straight back to Chicago?pretty crazy. There are even a few IU themed bars?and I thought I was finally getting away from the cheap-frat bar scene . :p

I suppose I'll have to start using some discretion when I post, instead of popping off with whatever comes to mind now.

Discretion? We saw how many times you posted on the "smoking" thread :)

Anyways, saying what's on your mind makes the board more interesting.

i don't know what we're considered at IUSD.

sometime i get things under IU and sometimes IUPUI. who do i cheer for?

wait neither one went anywhere this yr:laugh:

I'll follow-up Bill on this one:

1) This evening I was working in the sim-lab when several people from our schoolwide open-house walked up to me and said "you must be Gavin". Why yes, yes I am.

2) One of our deans printed off an SDN post by DrPheta and posted it in our classroom for all to read.

3) More than 5 of my classmates have told me they enjoy reading my SDN posts.

4) The Dean of the school will occasionally stop me and chat about a post I made the night before (hi Dean!!) :D

Wow Gavin, that's a pretty extensive SDN following.

Yeah, this is supposed to be an anonymous internet forum, however, there aren't too many dental schools and dental students posting on here. It isn't that difficult to figure out who we all are especially if you are at a represented school.

Back to my denture waxup, which will be handed in tomorrow even if sleep is pushed aside for the sake of labwork and senior deadlines...

well it doesn't help your anonymity that you have your pic as you avatar.

btw, don't hate me but i did mention something to Dr. Kasberg about SDN when i was there. even he may have been around here at some point:eek: :p

Originally posted by busupshot83

And all this time I thought that was Corky Thatcher :confused:

D'OH! Last night I got SO BUSTED!! :D I'm walking along and I hear a "Hey, Trypmo!" and I'm like... uhh ohhh....

Anyway, I'd like to give a shout out to my fellow Texans I know are lurkin' out there somewhere: W*** and J**** and S**** - u know who u are! :D

(So why not come out of the lurker's closet and post, y'all! But please, no comments on how much I don't look like my avatar; I have Descartes 'cause he's one of my personal heros :))

Same here, lots of ppl in my class reads my posts, and they would come up and talk to me about those. I know many deans read SDN too. Some of my classmates call me by my SDN name as well. Doesn't matter much. Dental school sometimes I think is worse than high school. There is nothing you can hide. We are together up to 10-12hrs/day. People know what kind of food you eat, drink. They know who has nice lotion when they need to borrow. Of course, ppl who have special connection with old tests always have tons of friends.

Originally posted by busupshot83

That is the most insightful post i have seen in a long time. Cheers to the bus man!

deans lurking around on SDN?

i have heard the sme from afew people.
hope what people say here does not influence anything as far as the appl is to dental school is concerned.

hope what people say here does not influence anything as far as the appl is to dental school is concerned.

I'm sure if they read some of your posts, they'll have second thoughts as to why the world they accepted you :laugh:

They can't identify you if you don't identify yourself. ;)

Originally posted by Shomeda$
That is the most insightful post i have seen in a long time. Cheers to the bus man!

Word up Shomeda$... word up :thumbup:.