So caribbean may yet still be in my future again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... you're a hostile guy.
But you're right... I really do have a hard time imagining how someone could get into a med school having failed out of two others. If you have the patience, I'd love to hear about some of these extenuating circumstances.

I am not hostel at all and actually take exception to you insinuating as such.

If you would like an understanding of these situations, perhaps you should consult the person in question, or an adcom person. I am sure at least the later would be more than willing, and paid, to help you with this.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so, I have now responded to all of the posts, off topic as they may be.

Consider yourself, up to date.

Well good for you. I assume you did it fully on your own and without use of the cheatsheet that surfaced and later ended any use of Coojimans tests.

The unethical behavior of others is of no consequence to me. I didn't take the test to impress others, so if the reputation of the test was damaged, it doesn't cause me to lose sleep. I know my performance was as valid as any score as could be (as we both know, even a chimp can get into Giga). You, on the other hand, are obviously quite dependent on feeding your ego, evidenced by bragging about Mensa right there under your username.

Members don't see this ad :)
The unethical behavior of others is of no consequence to me. I didn't take the test to impress others, so if the reputation of the test was damaged, it doesn't cause me to lose sleep. I know my performance was as valid as any score as could be (as we both know, even a chimp can get into Giga). You, on the other hand, are obviously quite dependent on feeding your ego, evidenced by bragging about Mensa right there under your username.

You continually mention my club membership like it is grating on the very fabric you wear. I have yet to mention even that club name in this thread. I find it useful for gaining new aquaintances, whomever they are, and whatever walk of life they lead, for as well both surely well know, someone of this IQ caliber could be in any profession, from clergy to trash collection to teaching to medicine.

There have been no chimps on record as having qualified for Giga, but feel free to prove me wrong.

You are actually the one that used your purported club membership to backup your story and gain credibility. I never used that pathway of debate.

Do you like chess? "your move"

Its not really that anonymous. My personal situation would be such that i would be uniquely identifiable.

Further, I have contributed all of the "real advice" i feel compelled to give. Some of us are apparently just more free with their "advice" than others.

i dont know who you are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canned_response

Canned responses are predetermined responses to common questions, frequently used in text based environments.

Have a great time trying to read at a 3rd grade level, Gilligan. If you work at it, REALLY hard, you just might get it.

You're kidding me, right? How was what she said a FAQ response to a common question? Delude yourself all you want, but you used the wrong word.

i dont know who you are

Yes but you are a "wine ho".

My circles of involvement and human interaction are somewhat limiting in that area so it would be understandable that you do not know who I am.

Further, as I previously indicated, I have not provided specific information that feel would be a key to unlock my identity, so even if you were within the world I am a part of, you still, hopefully, would not know who I am.

You're kidding me, right? How was what she said a FAQ response to a common question? Delude yourself all you want, but you used the wrong word.

Keep trying Gilligan, you just might figure it out someday. If not, well, I wont be there to hold your hand, so maybe you should get a cane? :laugh:

You continually mention my club membership like it is grating on the very fabric you wear. I have yet to mention even that club name in this thread. I find it useful for gaining new aquaintances, whomever they are, and whatever walk of life they lead, for as well both surely well know, someone of this IQ caliber could be in any profession, from clergy to trash collection to teaching to medicine.

There have been no chimps on record as having qualified for Giga, but feel free to prove me wrong.

You are actually the one that used your purported club membership to backup your story and gain credibility. I never used that pathway of debate.

Do you like chess? "your move"

You knowingly mention that you are a Mensa member in every thread you post in. I don't feel the need to explain why. You should be able to figure that one out.

Did I ever claim a chimp has qualified for Giga? Nope, didn't think so. I said it's possible. Certainly you wouldn't argue it's impossible? If you do, I'd love to hear that argument.

It's amusing you called OLYMPIQ a fringe society. Of course it's a fringe compared to a society that will take the much more average, i.e. Mensa. You were calling me out for gossip earlier, correct? Continuing with the biblical trend, I'd say you'd be charged with invidia.

Chutes & Ladders is a far superior game to chess.

I actually enjoy the Student Doctor Network, and don't wish to be banned. This topic has gone far off-topic. For this reason, we can continue this conversation via private messages, if you wish. Being the more mature one here, I'll let you get in the last word here because I'm sure you'll feel the need to get that in. You can try, and most likely will, attempt to attack me in response to this post. I won't check back; if you truly want me to see what you wrote, PM it to me.

You now indicate a sleeping state. I surmised that mental state of yours many posts ago.

OOO what does that say about me? Talking to a sleeping stiff. Not good. Not good at all.

You knowingly mention that you are a Mensa member in every thread you post in. I don't feel the need to explain why. You should be able to figure that one out.

Did I ever claim a chimp has qualified for Giga? Nope, didn't think so. I said it's possible. Certainly you wouldn't argue it's impossible? If you do, I'd love to hear that argument.

It's amusing you called OLYMPIQ a fringe society. Of course it's a fringe compared to a society that will take the much more average, i.e. Mensa. You were calling me out for gossip earlier, correct? Continuing with the biblical trend, I'd say you'd be charged with invidia.

Chutes & Ladders is a far superior game to chess.

I actually enjoy the Student Doctor Network, and don't wish to be banned. This topic has gone far off-topic. For this reason, we can continue this conversation via private messages, if you wish. Being the more mature one here, I'll let you get in the last word here because I'm sure you'll feel the need to get that in. You can try, and most likely will, attempt to attack me in response to this post. I won't check back; if you truly want me to see what you wrote, PM it to me.

Yes I know quite well it is part of my user description, very visible to all. However in my posts, I have not mentioned it, nor used the name to entitle myself to undue respect.

You say "we both know" that any chimp can get into Giga. However I do not actually share this knowledge and was asking for proof of yours.

Invidia... ooo a word challenge. "nemesis (indignation at unmerited success) and phthonos (envy)" Hmm, to what "biblical trend" are you referring?

I take it you are not inclined to play chess competitively?

You likely get all new responses in email. Even if you do not, I suspect the suspence building in your mind of what I possibly may "attack" you with will eventually overcome you.

As for your suggestion that this thread has become "off topic"... well... I actually indicated this several posts ago, and in PM to a moderator asking this thread to be closed. I was since told that a thread off topic without breaking the TOS is no reason to close or delete the thread.

So, no worries, meaty.

Oh and just so you know, It was my aim that this thread should be closed. Since the moderator would not hear of it, you voluntarily deciding to quit posting is one step closer to making what I wanted to happen, occur. So, I say thank you. How is that for an "attack" ?? See Im not such a bad guy... :)

Or perhaps a very serious extenuating circumstance that is far more complex than you are capable of contemplating. Go home and attempt to develop a few more neuron pathways... you need them.

Have you ever thought, cooldreams, that most medical students have gone through some sort of personal problem during their medical education? There are students who go through med school pregnant or with severe illness. And yet they manage to get the work done without making excuses. For someone to flunk out of two med schools, there has got to be something more going on than serious extenuating circumstances. Maybe *gasp* that person just wasn't cut out to be a doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you ever thought, cooldreams, that most medical students have gone through some sort of personal problem during their medical education? There are students who go through med school pregnant or with severe illness. And yet they manage to get the work done without making excuses. For someone to flunk out of two med schools, there has got to be something more going on than serious extenuating circumstances. Maybe *gasp* that person just wasn't cut out to be a doctor.

Perhaps.

When I was in school, there was a pregnant student. Apparently she had fulltime slave, i mean husband, that didnt work except to tend to her every need. That, and she had a huge following of friends who she was able to get to help her with anything, I wondered how difficult it really was for her.

Point being, everyone and every situation is different. Please at least give the superfical perception you have compassion for other humans.

Perhaps.

When I was in school, there was a pregnant student. Apparently she had fulltime slave, i mean husband, that didnt work except to tend to her every need. That, and she had a huge following of friends who she was able to get to help her with anything, I wondered how difficult it really was for her.

Point being, everyone and every situation is different. Please at least give the superfical perception you have compassion for other humans.

There is no "perhaps" about it. I lost an immediate family member during medical school, and continued with that semester. Another girl in my class had a parent with Ovarian Ca. A guy who went on to get a 250+ step I had a baby born with trisomy 21.One girl in the semester below me had to be medivac'd for a pyelo. gone bad. More folks had financial difficulties. Others had substance abuse issues. I don't think its that Topgun or anyone else is devoid of compassion. But at a certain point, we can all play the victim. I'm reminded of the addage, "its not what happens to you in life, but how you deal with it that is important". At the end of the day whether or not the caribbean may be in your future is entirely up to you, and the outcome affects you alone. I wish you all the best with med. school # 3. BTW how do you plan to explain your course of study to residency directors without looking defensive?

Perhaps.

Excuse me?! :confused:

You're telling me to give the superficial perception that I have compassion for other humans?

In your above post, you complain about a pregnant student who is fortunate enough to have support from her husband and friends. Yeah, your compassion is showing loud and clear right there! I'm not a woman, but I imagine that even if she has support, its still pretty tough for her to go through pregnancy. So, before you start lecturing me about my lack of compassion, take a look at how hypocritical you're being.

There is no "perhaps" about it. I lost an immediate family member during medical school, and continued with that semester. Another girl in my class had a parent with Ovarian Ca. A guy who went on to get a 250+ step I had a baby born with trisomy 21.One girl in the semester below me had to be medivac'd for a pyelo. gone bad. More folks had financial difficulties. Others had substance abuse issues. I don't think its that Topgun or anyone else is devoid of compassion. But at a certain point, we can all play the victim. I'm reminded of the addage, "its not what happens to you in life, but how you deal with it that is important". At the end of the day whether or not the caribbean may be in your future is entirely up to you, and the outcome affects you alone. I wish you all the best with med. school # 3. BTW how do you plan to explain your course of study to residency directors without looking defensive?

I suppose that is my concern alone to contemplate.

I am sorry you are unable to accept that some people have issues to deal with that they have not yet learned how to figure out or were unable to rectify while under the pressure of medical school.

I am reminded that we are a (supposedly) a caring and compassionate social creature and society as a whole. We have "evolved" from a sink or swim attitude where we kill our aging or disabled members. Again have compassion for others, and consider that not everyone is as perfect as you.

Excuse me?! :confused:

You're telling me to give the superficial perception that I have compassion for other humans?

In your above post, you complain about a pregnant student who is fortunate enough to have support from her husband and friends. Yeah, your compassion is showing loud and clear right there! I'm not a woman, but I imagine that even if she has support, its still pretty tough for her to go through pregnancy. So, before you start lecturing me about my lack of compassion, take a look at how hypocritical you're being.

Cry more please. You were unable to follow the point I demonstrated.

Cry more please. You were unable to follow the point I demonstrated.

What point? You haven't come up with anything even remotely resembling an intelligent argument.

The point of my post, since you obviously didn't even bother to pay attention to it, is that you are a hypocrite to lecture me, bulletproof, and everyone else on here about compassion when, in fact, you don't even seem to be showing compassion to the pregnant student you ranted about in your above message.

You have also completely missed the point that bulletproof, I, and others were trying to make. We were saying that yes, every med student faces a difficult situation. But the ones who are truly dedicated to becoming physicians find a way to deal with it. Yes, they may need help at some point, but they work through their difficulties and move on, rather than playing the victim.

What point? You haven't come up with anything even remotely resembling an intelligent argument.

The point of my post, since you obviously didn't even bother to pay attention to it, is that you are a hypocrite to lecture me, bulletproof, and everyone else on here about compassion when, in fact, you don't even seem to be showing compassion to the pregnant student you ranted about in your above message.

You have also completely missed the point that bulletproof, I, and others were trying to make. We were saying that yes, every med student faces a difficult situation. But the ones who are truly dedicated to becoming physicians find a way to deal with it. Yes, they may need help at some point, but they work through their difficulties and move on, rather than playing the victim.

Obviously, no one in your world has ever gotten a grade less than an A, because they can "work hard at it and always succeed." If you feel my summary of your premise is in err, i suggest your entire arguement is also in err, as you do not give chance to possibility of problems that circle beyond control of those involved.

And you fail to pick up on my point that not everyone falls into your labeled society where everything always works out for those that work for it.

As for the pregnant student, quite obviously i was playing the part of the devils advocate in response to the prior argument raised of using a pregnant student as a perfect model for someone that has a tough time. I pointed out that sometimes they get "extra" help. Now whether that negated the difficulties of being pregnant, i did not conclude, but i showed an example where it might not be a stretch of the imagination to see it not being wholly impossible to advance.

Your arguments are boring. Please learn to read and entertain rational thoughts as presented by your peers.

Continuing, please also explain the typical medical school stance of allowing a student to actually fail a class and be allowed to proceed beyond? If as you say, they should be able to always succeed, then you are saying medical schools, in all of their experience and intelligence are wrong.

I could easily continue this train of thought that appear to elude you. Reconsider the possibility that not everyone is perfect 100% of the time. Sometimes something happens they cannot work out. It is wrong and hurtful for you to argue that they simply did not try hard enough to succeed.

You would then argue that they just simply did not "have what it takes" to have made it anyways, but again you cannot argue this because they had to go through all the same grueling processes to gain acceptance that you or i have. Further they were found to do well until the "issue" arose. The track record is very much in their favor and your argument is found wanting.

I suppose that is my concern alone to contemplate.

I am sorry you are unable to accept that some people have issues to deal with that they have not yet learned how to figure out or were unable to rectify while under the pressure of medical school.

I am reminded that we are a (supposedly) a caring and compassionate social creature and society as a whole.
We have "evolved" from a sink or swim attitude where we kill our aging or disabled members. Again have compassion for others, and consider that not everyone is as perfect as you.

Thank you for acknowledging that not everyone is as perfect as me. Clearly you excel at extracting intent and meaning from writing.:rolleyes:

BTW: The above bolded sentence is truely intrigueing. Could you reread it until it makes sense, and then get back to me on what it is you were trying to say. Thanks.:thumbup:

Actually, no, don't bother. I don't care to watch you fumble in your pontification on "society as a whole". :thumbdown:

Keep reaching for that rainbow. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.