SN2'd first day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasSurgeon

I don't pay state taxes
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
EDIT: This was supposed to be a thread about the first day of SN2. However as with all intelligent life, things evolve. This thread has now become a support page for people following the SN2 plan. You can think of it as Alcoholics Anonymous for people studying to take the MCAT using the SN2 plan.

EDIT July 1, 2014:
If you are interested in @mehc012's Anki Deck, DO NOT SEND A PM. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7if6wgaif98rkoa/mehc012 SN2edCh4s.apkg
**A NOTE: @mehc012 and several others (myself included) want to tell you guys that studying from another person's deck will probably not be as beneficial to you as creating your own cards. Yes you can take advantage of @mehc012's generosity, but you won't get the same advantage. Study the material. Create cards as you go along. You will find it more helpful to your studying. **

EDIT July 22, 2014:
The following is @TBRBiosadist's official MCAT Verbal Reasoning Strategy:
@TBRBiosadist's strategy that got [him] from a 7 average to scoring 13-15 average..

Spend the bulk of your time reading. Up to 3 minutes per passage.
  • Read the first and last paragraph thoroughly to begin with. Understand what the authors main point will be because 90% of questions require nothing more than a general idea.
  • After this, read the entire passage slowly enough where you dont feel like you need to reread sentences for understanding.
Next is just answer questions, there is a few tricks here that work about 90% of the time
  • Unless the passage is asking you about a specific detail, dont look back. READ EVERY ANSWER THOROUGLY AND THEN Answer what makes sense from the general point of the passage. Its very easy to prove a wrong answer to be somewhat correct if you dig hard enough, dont. Answer what your gut says and move onto the next question, dont contemplate to much. With that being said...
  • Answer like you were dropped on the head as a child. Alot of times if Im arguing between two answers, there is the answer that is 100% correct, and one that is 90% correct. Be an idoit and choose the one that seems like it is correct. However.....
  • "Always" is a word to avoid. If an answer uses this word, or definites like it, it is something to avoid. I would say 80% of the time the wishy washy answer is more correct then the highly affirmative one. This leads to my final point....
  • 100% of the time you are not actually looking for the "right" answer in verbal, this isnt PS or BS where 1+1 almost always equals 2 (unless we are talking about the different sedimentation values for Ribosomes). In verbal you are looking for the answer that isnt wrong. Often times an answer will seem very "right" but one aspect of it is clearly wrong, as compared to an answer that isnt wrong, but doesnt seem as right as that answer, these are meant to fool you. Choose the answer that isnt wrong.
I understand that I few of these tips may be at odds with each other. Ultimately you must adjust slightly for each passage, but it comes down to one thing. Read thoroughly. Read every sentence in the passage. Read every question. Read every answer. Then the correct answer will be fairly obvious. This may seem like it takes longer, but it takes much less time than skimming, and then trying to find the correct information later.

Or to summarize in one sentence

Understand what the hell the author is arguing

EDIT July 26, 2014:

@DoctorInASaree uploaded a guide to Verbal Reasoning. If you're interested, it's worth a look. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2byivymmqwlvjms/MCAT VR Primer DRSAREE.pdf

EDIT 2, July 26, 2014: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sn2d-first-day.1074344/page-52#post-15510851

The first day is BR physics chapter (translational motion) + 1/3 of the passages. I felt like I wasn't able to apply the stuff I read into the stuff I was tested on.

Has anyone felt this way when following the schedule? It just seems like the contents of the chapter didn't really stick in my head when I took the practice passages. Will this improve over time?

EDIT 3, March 4, 2015:

For verbal, if you are feeling lost and confused, I highly highly recommend you to look into the MCAT Strategy Course by @Jack Westin. I've been working with him, and nothing comes close to his course and teaching. It's a strategy course, so it will cover everything, not just the VR/CARS section.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No one in this thread seems to be bothered by the original comment except for you. You're the one who's trying to stir up arguments for the sake of attention. @bambam92 's used that word in a light hearted way and my response to your reply was also light hearted. If you're really that disgruntled then go to a social activist forum. We're just having fun and helping each other through the grind here.

Why so confrontational?

Really? C'monnnnnnnn
I edited that out of my post. Sorry, I did not intend to offend. Now if you could please edit your reply in which you highlighted my thoughtless mistake I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I think @mehc012's point is that one cannot use that phrase in a light-hearted manner. This was discussed in the Allopathic forum a month ago, with respect to a specific user, and the conclusion was that not only is such a phrase unprofessional and unbecoming of a medical student, but also categorically disrespectful.

Also, for what it's worth, I liked her post.

I am well aware that the word 'rape' can be disrespectful if used under certain circumstances. However it's not only a few of us here who are taking that word lightly. A good amount of rape 'allegations' aren't even proven and some women nowadays have even described 'rape' as a man staring at them (no sexism intended as men are victims of rape as well). So treating such words facetiously which society itself have deemed ambiguous is not really a cardinal sin IMO. Also medical students/doctors or any other professionals are not embodiments of perfection, they're humans, and humans aren't perfect.

Point is that we don't live in a perfect utopia but we also certainly can't take away other's rights to freedom of speech (amendment 1, U.S constitution).

Members don't see this ad :)
I edited that out of my post. Sorry, I did not intend to offend. Now if you could please edit your reply in which you highlighted my thoughtless mistake I would appreciate it. Thanks.
ur so classy <3

not liking the direction this thread is going tho tbh
both parties were being facetious at first and now are acting oversensitive

ur so classy <3

not liking the direction this thread is going tho tbh
both parties were being facetious at first and now are acting oversensitive
Yeah, lazyindy is good at stirring things up. My bad for responding...didn't see the poster at first.

Anyway, I think everyone is cool now (always were with the one exception, actually) so the thread will likely return to its regularly scheduled programming shortly!

^delusion of grandeur. I used a humorous meme to point out your uptightness in a light hearted manner (not intending to make fun of you). You responded in a disgruntled manner.

I don't really care though. With that said us Nov 7ers only have 47 days until our exam! :(

freak out mode initiated

Hey guys, I just started the SN2ed schedule this week and was hoping to get some feedback. I just got through all the Ch. 1 for each subject and my passage scores are all over the place averaging anywhere from 50% - 65%. Some passages I really well with 0-1 questions missed while others I might miss every single question. What were your guys' scores looking like for the first few weeks? I've never taken the MCAT before and never took previous practice passages so it seems it'll definitely take getting used to.

I feel like a huge issue is that I don't remember a ton of content outside of what TBR's chapters go over, so when something comes up that I haven't reviewed yet I feel completely hopeless. Is this something that just gets better with time as I do more content review or should I look to really nail down most of the content before even attempting the passages?

Sorry this is so long, my scores are so up and down (mostly down) that I am feeling super discouraged and having major mental freak outs everyday, so I would really really appreciate some feedback from those of you who stuck it out with this schedule

Oh and Draupadi (@DoctorInASaree) no hard feelings towards you :)

really loved your verbal strategy. I implemented it today and did much better on the TPRH passages than I normally do.

Callin it, too much pent up stress. This thread is going to self destruct in a few weeks.

Hey guys, I just started the SN2ed schedule this week and was hoping to get some feedback. I just got through all the Ch. 1 for each subject and my passage scores are all over the place averaging anywhere from 50% - 65%. Some passages I really well with 0-1 questions missed while others I might miss every single question. What were your guys' scores looking like for the first few weeks? I've never taken the MCAT before and never took previous practice passages so it seems it'll definitely take getting used to.

I feel like a huge issue is that I don't remember a ton of content outside of what TBR's chapters go over, so when something comes up that I haven't reviewed yet I feel completely hopeless. Is this something that just gets better with time as I do more content review or should I look to really nail down most of the content before even attempting the passages?

Sorry this is so long, my scores are so up and down (mostly down) that I am feeling super discouraged and having major mental freak outs everyday, so I would really really appreciate some feedback from those of you who stuck it out with this schedule

It takes time to acclimate oneself with the style of MCAT passages; I think most of us have been where you are. Also, a step in my verbal passage is to take time to summarize the passage, before attempting to answer the questions. I applied that technique to TBR chapters...read through the chapter and take notes, but by the end of the chapter make sure that you thoroughly review and understand your notes. Then go ahead and solve the passages.

I also found that this benefited my retention of content a great deal. However, for pesky details I would suggest using Anki (ex - Orgo details) for retention of content. For Anki related questions

@TBRBiosadist - There we are. Back on track! :D

Reactions: 2 users
I am well aware that the word 'rape' can be disrespectful if used under certain circumstances. However it's not only a few of us here who are taking that word lightly. A good amount of rape 'allegations' aren't even proven and some women nowadays have even described 'rape' as a man staring at them (no sexism intended as men are victims of rape as well). So treating such words facetiously which society itself have deemed ambiguous is not really a cardinal sin IMO. Also medical students/doctors or any other professionals are not embodiments of perfection, they're humans, and humans aren't perfect.

Point is that we don't live in a perfect utopia but we also certainly can't take away other's rights to freedom of speech (amendment 1, U.S constitution).
Holy ****. Calm your tits man.

Ferris Bueller quote is fitting you well: "I swear [he] is so tight, that if I stuck a rock up his ass, in 2 weeks you'd have a diamond"

It takes time to acclimate oneself with the style of MCAT passages; I think most of us have been where you are. Also, a step in my verbal passage is to take time to summarize the passage, before attempting to answer the questions. I applied that technique to TBR chapters...read through the chapter and take notes, but by the end of the chapter make sure that you thoroughly review and understand your notes. Then go ahead and solve the passages.

I also found that this benefited my retention of content a great deal. However, for pesky details I would suggest using Anki (ex - Orgo details) for retention of content. For Anki related questions

Also, I feel like you trailed off there...

Holy ****. Calm your tits man.

Ferris Bueller quote is fitting you well: "I swear [he] is so tight, that if I stuck a rock up his ass, in 2 weeks you'd have a diamond"
Yeah, I didn't do a damn thing to attempt to curtail anyone's freedom of speech (which, by the way, does not prevent a site like this from having and enforcing posting standards, just as schools are allowed to ban cursing)...I didn't report it, I didn't insult the poster, etc. I simply used MY free speech and questioned the use of that phrase. The poster seems to have had no issue with this and used different language. The only one freaking out here was lazyindy.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ I don't know what your enmity with me is. I just simply offered an opinion on something..anyways not to derail the thread further

So I'm working on TPR hyperlearning verbal and doing 3 passages a day. Anyone here did significantly better after passage 24? I used to get around 4-5 wrong per 3 passages and now I'm getting only 1-2 wrong..I've started using Saree's method so I just wanted to confirm if either the passages are getting easier or if a new strategy is working for me.

^ I don't know what your enmity with me is. I just simply offered an opinion on something..anyways not to derail the thread further

So I'm working on TPR hyperlearning verbal and doing 3 passages a day. Anyone here did significantly better after passage 24? I used to get around 4-5 wrong per 3 passages and now I'm getting only 1-2 wrong..I've started using Saree's method so I just wanted to confirm if either the passages are getting easier or if a new strategy is working for me.

I'm not sure about this. I would define TPR's verbal book as an act of constancy...that is to say I haven't found that passages are become easier. Besides, given my sanguine nature, I would rather state that it is you who is improving rather than the book becoming less challenging.

Doing not so great...to doing better...Karna through and through :D Okay...just kidding...:oops:

Also, I feel like you trailed off there...

Yes, yes I did! I was about to add your name as an Anki reference, but I think I hesitated, and forgot to remove the first half of the sentence. Oh, well! :( I would edit my post, but I love your pun too much!:D

Last edited:
want to keep the momentum and study for my MCAts that is around the corner but I also need to ace my first Bio-chem exam , sigh I dont know I might push my exam back to January and take a big gamble with only one shot .... Dam!

want to keep the momentum and study for my MCAts that is around the corner but I also need to ace my first Bio-chem exam , sigh I dont know I might push my exam back to January and take a big gamble with only one shot .... Dam!
Don't push back. You are ALWAYS going to feel as if you need more time. In my opinion, you never really crack down until you feel like you've gotten yourself into too much of a time crunch. So you're not really gaining anything by delaying, except prolonged misery.

Reactions: 4 users

Don't push back. You are ALWAYS going to feel as if you need more time. In my opinion, you never really crack down until you feel like you've gotten yourself into too much of a time crunch. So you're not really gaining anything by delaying, except prolonged misery.

Poop!! Listen to mehc012! I'm in your position right now and I think that moving it even more might not be a good idea unless it's totally necessary. I personally am studying harder and smarter with this huge time crunch as she put it. Work as hard as you can and make it feel like your exam is in a week. That always makes me work harder

I am totally with @mehc012 on this one. I know it feels tight and scary, but you've GOT this.

Thanks, I've been applying your strategy to verbal passages and it seems to be helping. I've also been going a little slower through the chapter readings to make sure I really nail down the topics before moving on to the passages. I seem to be getting more used to the passages everyday as it's not as difficult to comprehend what is going on/what's being asked.

Well guys, I got my score back today. Was averaging 38-39 on the AAMCs and ended up getting a 30 (11 PS/10 VR/9 BS). It's incredibly frustrating and disappointing, because I spent the entire summer studying for the test and I felt good about the place I was in. I never got below 12 on PS, 12 on BS, and 12 on VR so this a a very disappointing score. I feel like I just wasted all of my mom's money. What's worse, my Dad passed away 2 years ago and I've had an incredibly hard time trying to pull myself up and do well, and then I go out and do this.:(

Well guys, I got my score back today. Was averaging 38-39 on the AAMCs and ended up getting a 30 (11 PS/10 VR/9 BS). It's incredibly frustrating and disappointing, because I spent the entire summer studying for the test and I felt good about the place I was in. I never got below 12 on PS, 12 on BS, and 12 on VR so this a a very disappointing score. I feel like I just wasted all of my mom's money. What's worse, my Dad passed away 2 years ago and I've had an incredibly hard time trying to pull myself up and do well, and then I go out and do this.:(

I'm sending so many positive vibes your way. I just want you to remind you that your MCAT score DOES NOT define you. You are more than whatever arbitrary # that you got, and that is a competitive score to get you in somewhere to pursue the ultimate goal..which is to become a physician and change lives. I can only imagine how disappointed you are right now but this in no way reflects your intelligence or capabilities as a human being, and I'm sure your dad would be incredibly proud of the resilience you displayed by studying to pursue this goal.

I have no doubt that you're on your way to becoming an excellent physician. Don't let this get you down.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1411505399.232481.jpg

and if you really wanna hammer the inspiration home:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-teach-the-nfl-and-all-of-us-a-lesson-or-two/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
No one in this thread seems to be bothered by the original comment except for you. You're the one who's trying to stir up arguments for the sake of attention. @bambam92 's used that word in a light hearted way and my response to your reply was also light hearted. If you're really that disgruntled then go to a social activist forum. We're just having fun and helping each other through the grind here.

The reason why you feel like it's okay to make these jokes is because of the culture we live in (which justifies sexual assault by victim-blaming and perpetrator sympathizing). By dismissing these as harmless jokes, we unintentionally perpetuate this culture. If you agree that sexual assault is bad, then you too would agree to stop defending these jokes, since the only way to take down a harmful culture is to willingly choose not to participate in it.

Hi guys, some of your advice is greatly appreciated here -

Nov 7th is my exam date, and as per SN2'd schedule, I should be starting the practice exams on Oct 6th. The problem is that I'm just a little over half-way through the TBR material.

Do I start taking the full length AAMC's on the 6th regardless of whether I have finished getting through all the material or push through finishing the material and then start the exams?

Anyone have any good ideas how to handle this? I've already delayed taking the exam for a while now.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, some of your advice is greatly appreciated here -

Nov 7th is my exam date, and as per SN2'd schedule, I should be starting the practice exams on Oct 6th. The problem is that I'm just a little over half-way through the TBR material.

Do I start taking the full length AAMC's on the 6th regardless of whether I have finished getting through all the material or push through finishing the material and then start the exams?

Anyone have any good ideas how to handle this? I've already delayed taking the exam for a while now.
I was in a similar conundrum...I actually didn't finish content review until 4d before the exam o_O :laugh:

Personally, I kept plugging away on the chapters, but I dropped the 2nd and 3rd thirds and switched the order up a bit. I finished all of Orgo, then Bio, then Chem, then Phys. Why? Well, Orgo cuz it was the shortest :laugh: But then I prioritized finishing Bio, even doing 2ch at once sometimes. Why? Because as you finish each subject, you can take the AAMC SA, a little bit each day, while studying the others. So after I finished Orgo, I started studying Bio and doing AAMC passages for Orgo everyday. Then I did a review day where I looked over all of my SA answers/passages and reviewed/did more TBR for any subjects I was weak in. Then I did this again...Bio SA while studying Chem, and so on. I ran short on time so I didn't do my final SA, choosing instead to jump into FLs...I'd recommend putting your strongest subject last for that reason. I started FLs a week? maybe, if that, before the exam, and had time to jump through 5 of them...could have done 6 but I was feeling good and wanted a day off.

One disclaimer...because I was really time crunched, I actually ended up dropping the first thirds as well for every chapter 8 or higher, just so I could lay eyes on everything at least once. So perhaps the above is less possible with those still included, but keep in mind I was working 46-48hrs up until 2wks before the exam.

I was in a similar conundrum...I actually didn't finish content review until 4d before the exam o_O :laugh:

Personally, I kept plugging away on the chapters, but I dropped the 2nd and 3rd thirds and switched the order up a bit. I finished all of Orgo, then Bio, then Chem, then Phys. Why? Well, Orgo cuz it was the shortest :laugh: But then I prioritized finishing Bio, even doing 2ch at once sometimes. Why? Because as you finish each subject, you can take the AAMC SA, a little bit each day, while studying the others. So after I finished Orgo, I started studying Bio and doing AAMC passages for Orgo everyday. Then I did a review day where I looked over all of my SA answers/passages and reviewed/did more TBR for any subjects I was weak in. Then I did this again...Bio SA while studying Chem, and so on. I ran short on time so I didn't do my final SA, choosing instead to jump into FLs...I'd recommend putting your strongest subject last for that reason. I started FLs a week? maybe, if that, before the exam, and had time to jump through 5 of them...could have done 6 but I was feeling good and wanted a day off.

One disclaimer...because I was really time crunched, I actually ended up dropping the first thirds as well for every chapter 8 or higher, just so I could lay eyes on everything at least once. So perhaps the above is less possible with those still included, but keep in mind I was working 46-48hrs up until 2wks before the exam.

Just WoW!
I didnt know you were working fulltime while studying for mcat!!
Ok I will need life lessons from you after our scores come out.
just awesome job in scoring so well in FLs.
I know for sure fact your score will be in the 40s if not exact 45 on the real test day.
Anyways goodluck! just 6 more days.

Just WoW!
I didnt know you were working fulltime while studying for mcat!!
Ok I will need life lessons from you after our scores come out.
just awesome job in scoring so well in FLs.
I know for sure fact your score will be in the 40s if not exact 45 on the real test day.
Anyways goodluck! just 6 more days.
Haha, thanks...my only life lessons are 'Google Calendar' and 'flexible scheduling'. I was only able to take one of my two jobs off in the final 2 wks, but my boss lets me set my own schedule, so I just came in from like 9-1 and then studied from 2-whenever, which was nice. I got really lucky with good schedules and supervisors in both positions.
Also, if you start your FLs before you finish content review, don't be too hard on yourself for scoring. If you're going through the FL and you mark a lot as 'did not know this yet', but they're for the Chs you haven't covered, that's not a problem, it's to be expected. For AAMC#3 I had 10% left and it definitely dropped my score (though perhaps 'getting used to the test' was also a factor).

I say get TPRH bio if you can and WB for passages--it is the best by far. And I have every company under the sun. I read EK bio first for main idea and concepts--then I go into TPRH afterwards and read corresponding chapter in there then crush some passages in WB. Its niceee

What is WB? Do you mean TPRH workbook?

Thanks! I have seen it referred to as the TPRH science workbook so I assumed WB was a new company!
Well, maybe that's what they meant? In context my brain immediately read it as 'workbook', so that's what I went with. I suppose I could be wrong, and if so, sorry!

I am not sure if this has been asked yet, seeing that there are 94 pages worth of replies, but I have a questions about using SN2 to review for the newly made, upcoming MCAT. Now I know no one really knows how it'll be compared to the original until it's been taken, but we know the broad changes, so would y'all advice to still do SN2 and supplement the rest that will be covered in the new MCAT? Seems like a dumb question and that I already answered it, but I was just wondering what recent test takers thought and what future test takers will be planning on doing. I will most likely be studying during the 3 months of summer and take it in late August, so I will be taking the new MCAT, clearly. What are y'alls advice on how to tackle this new version? I really wanna do SN2, seeing that it has helped many and is highly praised and extremely well organized and articulated.

I am not sure if this has been asked yet, seeing that there are 94 pages worth of replies, but I have a questions about using SN2 to review for the newly made, upcoming MCAT. Now I know no one really knows how it'll be compared to the original until it's been taken, but we know the broad changes, so would y'all advice to still do SN2 and supplement the rest that will be covered in the new MCAT? Seems like a dumb question and that I already answered it, but I was just wondering what recent test takers thought and what future test takers will be planning on doing. I will most likely be studying during the 3 months of summer and take it in late August, so I will be taking the new MCAT, clearly. What are y'alls advice on how to tackle this new version? I really wanna do SN2, seeing that it has helped many and is highly praised and extremely well organized and articulated.
SN2ed isn't a complicated plan. It's fairly straightforward:
1. cover all material, doing practice problems. Cycle through all subjects rather than doing them one by one. (first ⅓)
2. Make a second pass of all material to reinforce it and practice more. (second ⅓)
3. Use EK1001 to make sure you've seen everything and tried multiple angles at it
4. Do FLs while...
5. Doing topic-specific passages for a final refresher review before the exam. (final ⅓)

You can do these same steps with whatever material you end up using for the new MCAT. Personally, I'd still use all of the books for the current material because that's the only 'known' factor. I don't know what to throw in for Psych/Soc. :shrug:

SN2ed isn't a complicated plan. It's fairly straightforward:
1. cover all material, doing practice problems. Cycle through all subjects rather than doing them one by one. (first ⅓)
2. Make a second pass of all material to reinforce it and practice more. (second ⅓)
3. Use EK1001 to make sure you've seen everything and tried multiple angles at it
4. Do FLs while...
5. Doing topic-specific passages for a final refresher review before the exam. (final ⅓)

You can do these same steps with whatever material you end up using for the new MCAT. Personally, I'd still use all of the books for the current material because that's the only 'known' factor. I don't know what to throw in for Psych/Soc. :shrug:
Yea I planned on doing SN2ed, just not too sure how the non-relevant material in the new MCAT will be tackled seeing as SN2ed doesn't cover it, but I'll find out how to cover it sooner or later haha.
(@TexasSurgeon) Everytime time I read your post or reply, I see Harvey saying it with his smile of accomplishment, then yelling "DONNA!"

Yea I planned on doing SN2ed, just not too sure how the non-relevant material in the new MCAT will be tackled seeing as SN2ed doesn't cover it, but I'll find out how to cover it sooner or later haha.
(@TexasSurgeon) Everytime time I read your post or reply, I see Harvey saying it with his smile of accomplishment, then yelling "DONNA!"

Most likely, the "review days" and the "full-length" days would have to be condensed. The new MCAT is also de-emphasizing certain topics, such as Organic Chemistry, so there will be certain days that will be changed as well.

I am doing the gen chem chapters instead of orgo until I cover acid and base chemistry, since the orgo books assume that is background knowledge. I'm on the review day and it is taking me soooooooooo long. I think I am going to skim the chapters instead of rereading them word for word. If I don't, there is no way I could do all the chapters in one day.

This will be my third time taking the MCAT, but the other two times I didn't actually study...like at all. I thought I was some hotshot--yes, even the second time--and that I wouldn't have to study because I was so smart. We all know how that goes with the MCAT. I ended up with a 26 and a 27, which is below the minimum to apply to my intended medical school and isn't at all competitive with a 3.67 GPA. Now that my ego has necessarily deflated to a much more reasonable level, I am approaching the MCAT less like a ridiculous flaming hoop to jump through and more like I'm training for the Olympics. Thus, the Muse song Survival is a constant mantra for me.

Any advice from past Olympians would be greatly appreciated. :)

Doing the 4th month schedule..on day 3 and i'm already tired. The first Orgo chapter is SO long.

take breaks in between. I usually read every 3-4 pages from a berkeley chapter before I give myself a mini 4-5 min break. It's usually counterproductive if you read beyond your attention span. And don't give up on the schedule, trust me it gets a lot better once you get used to it. you might have to modify it a little like I did to fit in more break days to rest.

Hey man its all good! It's one test and it was just a fluke. I don't know if your applying this cycle but if your confident you can do better than go ahead and you can try at it again.

I think your a strong fella and that you can get through this and getting through it will make you stronger. We all have hurdles in life but every hurdle is just an obstacle to make you that much better of a person.

I was always told that the people who work the hardest through their struggles are the most successful people in the world. That person is you. These struggles will make you better. It's hard seeing it now, but it's not hard to realize that those people who have been given everything in life aren't the happiest people (or more generally the most successful people, although there are exceptions of course).

Malcolm Gladwell wrote the book called Outliers. It's a great book and if you haven't read it I'd recommend it. He also wrote a book called David and Goliath. That book is also great and it talks about how there are thsee people in life with huge obstacles but become very suxxesful because they blow through their obstacles in a very strategic and brave manner.

Like the video @avenlea posted, we will all be successful...even if the scoreboard isn't in our favor at one moment, it can be at the next.

Hey man its all good! It's one test and it was just a fluke. I don't know if your applying this cycle but if your confident you can do better than go ahead and you can try at it again.

I think your a strong fella and that you can get through this and getting through it will make you stronger. We all have hurdles in life but every hurdle is just an obstacle to make you that much better of a person.

I was always told that the people who work the hardest through their struggles are the most successful people in the world. That person is you. These struggles will make you better. It's hard seeing it now, but it's not hard to realize that those people who have been given everything in life aren't the happiest people (or more generally the most successful people, although there are exceptions of course).

Malcolm Gladwell wrote the book called Outliers. It's a great book and if you haven't read it I'd recommend it. He also wrote a book called David and Goliath. That book is also great and it talks about how there are thsee people in life with huge obstacles but become very suxxesful because they blow through their obstacles in a very strategic and brave manner.

Like the video @avenlea posted, we will all be successful...even if the scoreboard isn't in our favor at one moment, it can be at the next.

Thanks so much for the kind and inspiring words. I had been feeling very defeated over the last few days but yours and @avenlea's posts have given me some motivation and confidence. I think I'll check out those books too, especially Outliers. I also just realized that I have some remaining balance left from my Trial Section Gift card (lol)

I think in the end we will all be successful. It was just a big bummer to see a score like that when I was doing so much better. I really hope the retake goes well because that's my last chance before the test changes

Ah, break day. I didn't realize it would be so hard to not think about anything MCAT related. Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks so much for the kind and inspiring words. I had been feeling very defeated over the last few days but yours and @avenlea's posts have given me some motivation and confidence. I think I'll check out those books too, especially Outliers. I also just realized that I have some remaining balance left from my Trial Section Gift card (lol)

I think in the end we will all be successful. It was just a big bummer to see a score like that when I was doing so much better. I really hope the retake goes well because that's my last chance before the test changes

I had a terrible weekend, MCAT-wise and I feel you so hard right now. But remember that determination and hard work always pay off, without fail. That's what I'm trying to remind myself of right now, at least. The question is not whether you will be successful, it is when you'll be successful.

"I was always told that the people who work the hardest through their struggles are the most successful people in the world. That person is you. These struggles will make you better." @pbrocks15 spitting that wisdom!

Hope y'all are killing it. I keep thinking of how much more sane I'm going to feel when this is all over. What do people do with *free time* anyway?

I wanted to sign up for one of the last of the current MCAT versions in January before it changes to the new format. But am not applying for med school until next year (Fall 2016 matriculation). Does anyone know if schools will still be taking the current version past this cycle? Or will they require/prefer the new version?

I wanted to sign up for one of the last of the current MCAT versions in January before it changes to the new format. But am not applying for med school until next year (Fall 2016 matriculation). Does anyone know if schools will still be taking the current version past this cycle? Or will they require/prefer the new version?
There are a few schools which say they'll prefer new, and I think Indiana is trying to require it, but it's not really feasible to do so because the window for taking the new one prior to the app opening is fairly small. If you can find an open January date and you want that exam, go for it!
I find it today whether I did well enough to avoid a mad January dash for a spot.