This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartandoc2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My uGPA is 3.3 (2.9 sGPA) I graduated with an SMP gpa of a 3.6 with 1 C. I had an upward trend where the last two semesters I took 15 credits each and earned As to make up for the C. I have solid ECs and I'm currently studying for my MCAT. I know an overall 3.6 isn't great but could it make up for the C?

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine. I got a C+ in histology during my 2 year SMP. It was during my first semester and then I got 3 semesters of straight A's afterwards to finish with a 3.72. I think a 3.6 is still good especially since you ended with an upward trajectory. Now just crush that MCAT.

My uGPA is 3.3 (2.9 sGPA) I graduated with an SMP gpa of a 3.6 with 1 C. I had an upward trend where the last two semesters I took 15 credits each and earned As to make up for the C. I have solid ECs and I'm currently studying for my MCAT. I know an overall 3.6 isn't great but could it make up for the C?
I think that you should be OK, but you'll need to apply broadly, and as you know, MCAT will make or break you.

Reactions: 1 user