smart thread for research beginners to learn and experinced researchers to teach

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc081

Future Resident 007F
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends :),
I am an international medical graduate,presently in US trying to get into residency.I have applied to IM residency program and till now has no interview call.It is becoming hard to get residency because many applicants have better CV and research experience .
I also have interest in research field and would luv to join research.I am determined for this research position which will be benefiting me two way,for my interest and for my residency.So i contacted various research coordinators and luckily professor at drexel school of medicine wants to take my interview for volunteer research position.
This is my first interview for research position and want guidance from you people for the interview.The real experience and good suggestions matters a lot and only you people in this forum with their experience are best to guide me.
I want to know what things should I inquire i.e., will they write a letter of reference and other things(I dont know what things to talk about for position,so friends do reply me about these details) or
People can write their interview experience and criteria for selection which will definitely help beginners.This thread can be very informative if you all share your experiences
Any reply will be highly appreciated
thank you

doc081:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Take a look at the Re-applicant FAQ (link is just below my post). There are tips there on med student interviews (not what you are doing, but may help you nonetheless) and how to get the most out of a research experience (which will help you come up with some questions, and once you have a position, make sure you aren't wasting your time).