Slow med school in scanning in info...what to do??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNMedStudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Has anyone encountered this problem with thier med school? You submit all your stuff in by Sept 1st....didn't procrastinate in asking for letters of rec and they are all in already, your transcript is all confirmed to be correct and then, 2 weeks after you submit to ERAS and apply to programs, your med school still hasen't scanned in all your letters of rec (2 out of 4 are scanned), didn't scan in your transcript. AND, no matter if you visit or call, they still don't seem to care??

I already missed several interviewing opportunities because of my med school being so lazy and slow. What else should I do???? Get a lawyer???

Members don't see this ad.

apprently (at least in mine), the med school has a deadline of Oct 1 to scan in all letters. Some have been scanned but i know there's one that they won't be scanning until at least late september (even though i talked to the secretary and she clearly isn't that busy)

how could you have possibly missed out on interviewing opportunities already? its only mid sept. i dont think there is anything you can do, except suffer right along with all the rest of your classmates (who are all in your same situation), and the rest of us who go to schools with a similar problem ... i'd say that many of us are in your same situation ...

I know that some of my classmates are in my situation and some have all the stuff scanned in already.....I was just trying to see if other med students were in the same situation I was in. And yes, I could have gone to 2 interviews next week but they needed all the necessary info to be in to actually schedule the date. I already have 6 scheduled for nov and dec.....but I missed 2 for this month.

I was just scared because I never procrastinate and get things done early and don't have to rely on anyone but me...now it's all on the med school.....

thanks for your comments guys...

yep TNMED, my medschool has been a little slow with scanning letter and transcript. Yesterday the scanned my 3 letters, but im still missing my transcript!!!!

The funny thing is that i certified on sept 1 to have everything early, because some programs offer interviews on "first come first serve".