Sloan Kettering TY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiantess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that it is an amazing program with a great name and reputation.
A great reason to relocate to the City for a year. However, I have heard from a friend in NYC that the transitional year interns are not very happy, work hard with no caps.
Also, that there is no steady support system since all of the IM residents rotate on a four week schedule from the other NYC programs?
Any thoughts?
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

My Dad did a 1 month rotation at MSK, and to this day the mere mention of "New York City" and "residency" in the same sentence makes him jump out of his chair give a long talk on the horrors of urban residency in New York. :scared:

My Dad did a 1 month rotation at MSK, and to this day the mere mention of "New York City" and "residency" in the same sentence makes him jump out of his chair give a long talk on the horrors of urban residency in New York. :scared:

Thankfully it is unfair to compare your Dad's experience to what ours will be. My Dad has the similar reaction, since he did his full 1 year internship at Temple. It is probably true that inner-city programs will work you harder, but it won't be the 110 hour hell-fests our fathers faced.

Sorry I don't have any input on MSK...