Position Available Skin of Color (SOC) Fellowship at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UH Dermatology

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Department of Dermatology at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center is pleased to announce a new fellowship provided by generous funding from Pfizer and the Skin of Color Society Foundation. The Skin of Color (SOC) Fellow will work on observational studies and outcomes research training focused on treatment of patients with skin of color, especially as it applies to cutaneous malignancies (CM). The SOC Fellow will receive a strong foundation in academic research with integration of clinical practice, outcomes research, dermato-epidemiology, and translational approaches designed to provide a deeper understanding of skin diseases and skin malignancies disproportionally affecting SOC patients. For example, the fellow may interface with members of the Faculty Diversity Committee to design and execute projects with the support of the clinical research division.

This fellowship is a one-year position and will have a primary mentor drawn from the faculty, including advisors from the Faculty Diversity Committee; Danny Barlev, M.D., Bryan Carroll, MD, PhD, Timmie Sharma, MD, Sonal Shah, MD, and Adrienne Callahan, MD. Oversight will be provided by a Mentoring Committee including Kevin Cooper, MD, Jeremy Bordeaux, MD, MPH, Thomas McCormick, PhD.

Requirements​

Applicants must have completed an ACGME PGY 1 program (i.e. internal medicine, transitional, pediatric, or surgery internship) prior to beginning the SOC fellowship. Pay and benefits are commensurate to a PGY-2 level.
  • Medical Degree
  • Completed a one-year internship
  • Ohio License
  • CV
  • USMLE Step I, II and III scores
Interested applicants should submit the following information by March 1, 2022:
  • Letter of interest
  • ERAS application (including Dean’s letter, and all letters of recommendation)
  • Updated CV
  • Updated USMLE I, II and III scores
The above items can be submitted to:

Amanda Davies
Phone: 216-844-7834
Fax: 216-844-3092
Email: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.