SIR-RFS IR Medical Student Council

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WestIsBest

I wanted to forward this message on to anyone who is interested in IR.

"Dear medical students,

My name is Alok Bhatt and I'm currently a fourth year medical student that serves as a medical student liaison on SIR's Resident-Fellow Section. If you were able to make it out to last week's SIR meeting in Chicago, you had the opportunity to see first-hand the remarkable transformation taking place within IR as it morphs into a truly clinical specialty. You also had the chance to network with a very motivated group of residency program directors, young attendings, fellows and residents that comprise the SIR-RFS. For those of you that were unable to make it, be assured that there is tremendous excitement in the field and at this point, we want to get more medical students involved at a national level. To that end, we are looking for clinically minded students that are interested in interventional radiology to join the IR medical student council, which will work with RFS members and attendings from accross the country to increase awareness about clinical IR and recruit medical students who want to practice IR in that model. If this opportunity interests you and you want to become involved with IR on a national level, please e-mail [email protected]. I will e-mail you the application which is due on APRIL 10th. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from and work with a lot of you!

Alok Bhatt MS4
SIR-RFS
Medical Student Liaison"

Members don't see this ad.