SI joint injection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

normalforce

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone please post a link or a reference to an article that references the efficacy of SI joint injections and, for that matter, sacroileitis as a disease entity. I have an attending at my internship program who will not believe me that SI joints can have pathology that is amenable to injection therapy. I am looking for a study that is double-blinded and controlled that supports the above.

Thanks.

Cheers,

NF

Members don't see this ad.

Try these...

Kim, Philip S. MD Role of injection therapy: review of indications for trigger point injections, regional blocks, facet joint injections, and intra-articular injections. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 14(1):52-57, January 2002.

11. Aprill C: The role of anatomically specific injections into the sacroiliac joint. Presented at the First Interdisciplinary World Congress on Low Back Pain and Its Relation to the Sacroiliac Joint. San Diego, California, November 5–6, 1992. [Context Link]

12. McGain GA, Scudds, RA: The concept of primary fibromyalgia (fibrositis): clinical value, relation and significance to other musculoskeletal pain syndromes. Pain 1988, 33: 237. [Context Link]

17. Elgafy H, Semaan HB, Ebraheim NA, et al.: Computed tomography findings in patients with sacroiliac pain. Clin Orthop 2001, 112–118. [Context Link]

18. Slipman CW, Lipet JS, Plastaras CT, et al.: Fluroscopically guided therapeutic sacroiliac joint injections for sacroiliac joint syndrome. Therapeutic Sacroiliac Joint Injections 2001, 80 (6): 425–432. [Context Link]

19. Maugars Y, Mathis C, Vilon P, et al.: Corticosteroid injection of the sacroiliac joint in patients with seronegative spondyloarthropathy. Arthritis Rheum 1992, 35: 564–568. [Context Link]

20. Kline MT, Yin W: Radiofrequency techniques in clinical practice. In Interventional Pain Management, edn 2. Edited by Waldman SD. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co.; 2001:243–293. [Context Link]

21. Ferrante FM, King LF, Roche EA, et al.: Radiofrequency sacroiliac joint denervation for sacroiliac syndrome. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2001, 26 (2): 137–142.

here's one more

Slipman, Curtis W. MD; Lipetz, Jason S. MD; Plastaras, Christopher T. MD; Jackson, Howard B. MD; Vresilovic, Edward J. MD, PhD; Lenrow, David A. MD; Braverman, Debra L. MD Fluoroscopically Guided Therapeutic Sacroiliac Joint Injections for Sacroiliac Joint Syndrome. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 80(6):425-432, June 2001.