showing them i can cut it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppalachiaGrrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My science GPA from undergrad is not strong (mostly Bs) and I want to show med schools I have matured and can now handle it, will be able to handle the rigors of med school and all that. I still need to take half my pre-reqs and I'm wondering: would doing a post-bac be better proof of my abilities than taking the classes one at a time? I have a baby, so taking the post-bac program is difficult (but not impossible). I'd prefer to take classes one at a time, but is this not enough to show them?

Members don't see this ad.

AppalachiaGrrl said:
My science GPA from undergrad is not strong (mostly Bs) and I want to show med schools I have matured and can now handle it, will be able to handle the rigors of med school and all that. I still need to take half my pre-reqs and I'm wondering: would doing a post-bac be better proof of my abilities than taking the classes one at a time? I have a baby, so taking the post-bac program is difficult (but not impossible). I'd prefer to take classes one at a time, but is this not enough to show them?

>A-Girl, don't worry my S-GPA was dismal after 4 years of school. I re-enrolled in college 5 days after graduation and finished a BS in Bio. I was going for your angle, showing them I can cut it. So here is the point, you don't need to do a post-bacc program your family should come first and ad-comms will understand that, they are human to (i think) so stay in the school you are at and take a few classes at a time, do well and get your #'s in order. i wish you luck because i went through the same stuff you are and I just found out that I got into med-sch yesterday.
Stick With it :thumbup: :D

(oh, my name has changed but I used to be AppalachiaGrrl)

Thanks! I'm going to go part-time starting this January in the evening and keep spending my says with my baby. I'm glad I'm doing it that way. It should also help me to get better grades since I won't be overwhelmed.

Congratulations on your acceptance! It's encouraging!