Show-off thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

door_to_balloon_knot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any “lowly” FM’s out there making bank out of control and need a semi-anonymous place to let the world know? Want to give some hope to aspiring but scared med students that are afraid of making <200k in real wages after inflation? I’m talking 500-600k+. Setup and general location deets encouraged so you don’t get bombarded with PM’s. I’ll start by stating I’m currently at around 400k between a mix of urgent care in Northern California and side gig wellness Telemed. UC is like 300k in comp (no mid level babysitting shenanigans) and 100k from Telemed. And gooooo!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Making 190/hr as a Hospitalist and 200/hr as ER doing 24 hr shifts.

Reactions: 2 users
From my experience as somebody who looked for jobs as a new attending and now one with a few yrs experience, I was seeing 225-230k salaried positions a few yrs ago and now 250-270k for FM docs with a few yrs experience. Production can vary widely, from 220 to 350k for most FM physicians. I know of FM physicians that make 400k on production working 36 clinic hrs a week.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
12 yrs out of Residency - made 1.2 M last yr. Can be done as an FP but not by working in an ambulatory setting. Think outside the box, you have an amazing education that allows you to do so much. For example, Med Directorships for long term care facilities, hospice companies, home health, You could do wound care, cosmetics (Botox&fillers), Addiction medicine (very lucrative).

Reactions: 9 users
12 yrs out of Residency - made 1.2 M last yr. Can be done as an FP but not by working in an ambulatory setting. Think outside the box, you have an amazing education that allows you to do so much. For example, Med Directorships for long term care facilities, hospice companies, home health, You could do wound care, cosmetics (Botox&fillers), Addiction medicine (very lucrative).

Any particular field that allowed you to be so successful? Understandable if wanting to be vague.

Reactions: 2 users
Any particular field that allowed you to be so successful? Understandable if wanting to be vague.
All of them. When I got out of residency, I essentially became a yes man. If a NH needed a new Med Director and asked me, I said yes. When the local Hopsice company wanted me to be Med Director, I said yes. I was soon propositioned by neighboring, competing NH’s and built up my reputation and this led to Med Directorships at over 5 NH’s. I hired a bunch of well trained MId-Levels to staff those facilities during the day, I billed for all those visits under the mid levels I employed. No overhead other than what I paid them. I rounded at each facility monthly and billed for all those visits. Collected Med Director stipends ($2-$3k/month/facilty). On top of working at a FQHC community center 3 days/week, serving under/un-insured pt populations for a very meager salary. I have my own MAT clinic with 3-4 providers seeing about 600 pts monthly @ $140/visit. And finally built up a cosmetic practice doing Botox/Juvaderm to very well to do clientele out of my home spa/office -lots of repeat business and word of mouth marketing - now have a pt population of about 300 cosmetic pts that rotate in every 3-9 months. Recently resigned from the FQHC clinic - became way to much to juggle. It paid me the least and took the most of my time. But now everything runs like a fine-tuned machine. Took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to this point, over 10 years, but it is possible. Utilizing good mid-levels, I have created a passive income machine that essentially prints money…and provides damn good patient care- prevents unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits from the NH’s, keeping opioid dependent patients clean. Provide good end of life care to hospice pts, thereby improving end of life and actually prolonging life while providing a resource for their families as well. And helping beautiful women with low self esteem and too much money, more beautiful. Total Win-Win situation. Hope this helps. CHEERS!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
All of them. When I got out of residency, I essentially became a yes man. If a NH needed a new Med Director and asked me, I said yes. When the local Hopsice company wanted me to be Med Director, I said yes. I was soon propositioned by neighboring, competing NH’s and built up my reputation and this led to Med Directorships at over 5 NH’s. I hired a bunch of well trained MId-Levels to staff those facilities during the day, I billed for all those visits under the mid levels I employed. No overhead other than what I paid them. I rounded at each facility monthly and billed for all those visits. Collected Med Director stipends ($2-$3k/month/facilty). On top of working at a FQHC community center 3 days/week, serving under/un-insured pt populations for a very meager salary. I have my own MAT clinic with 3-4 providers seeing about 600 pts monthly @ $140/visit. And finally built up a cosmetic practice doing Botox/Juvaderm to very well to do clientele out of my home spa/office -lots of repeat business and word of mouth marketing - now have a pt population of about 300 cosmetic pts that rotate in every 3-9 months. Recently resigned from the FQHC clinic - became way to much to juggle. It paid me the least and took the most of my time. But now everything runs like a fine-tuned machine. Took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to this point, over 10 years, but it is possible. Utilizing good mid-levels, I have created a passive income machine that essentially prints money…and provides damn good patient care- prevents unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits from the NH’s, keeping opioid dependent patients clean. Provide good end of life care to hospice pts, thereby improving end of life and actually prolonging life while providing a resource for their families as well. And helping beautiful women with low self esteem and too much money, more beautiful. Total Win-Win situation. Hope this helps. CHEERS!!!!

That's amazing and thank you for taking the time to reply. Just curious you have your schedule X license?

Reactions: 1 user
That's amazing and thank you for taking the time to reply. Just curious you have your schedule X license?
They obviously need it for Suboxone, because you won't be able to prescribe up to 275 pts without it (which I'd imagine you'd need with 600 addiction med pts).
You need it if you’re wanting to prescribe suboxone. You don’t need one for methadone.
You can prescribe up to 30 with an NOI and the standard practice guidelines without necessarily getting the full waiver.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, all of my providers, including myself, have waiver to treat 275 pt’s with BUP.

So you can only have up to 275 suboxone patients? How often do you typically see them in clinic?

Any “lowly” FM’s out there making bank out of control and need a semi-anonymous place to let the world know? Want to give some hope to aspiring but scared med students that are afraid of making <200k in real wages after inflation? I’m talking 500-600k+. Setup and general location deets encouraged so you don’t get bombarded with PM’s. I’ll start by stating I’m currently at around 400k between a mix of urgent care in Northern California and side gig wellness Telemed. UC is like 300k in comp (no mid level babysitting shenanigans) and 100k from Telemed. And gooooo!
What do your hours look like for each gig? Appreciate the insight! Gives me hope as a med student not wanting to make <200k in real terms.

So you can only have up to 275 suboxone patients? How often do you typically see them in clinic?
"Best practice" is usually at least monthly, but newer patients, patients who require more support, and patients who have relapsed will be seen sometimes weekly or even more frequently.