This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlecGaro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I submitted my AADSAS application about a week ago and had a question about following up on the status of my apps with the dental school.

I know some dental schools specifically say "please refrain from calling or emailing our office regarding your application status", so I'm assuming for these schools I should not call them up to follow up on the status of my application. But for the schools that don't specifically say that, do you recommend I call up the schools maybe a week or two after my AADSAS app has been received by the schools to follow up with them? Or should I only do this after my supplemental application has been sent to the school? Or should I do it twice (once after the primary and once after the secondary app has been submitted)? Or should I flat out never do it?

***What are your experiences with following up with a dental school for ANY of your applications? Is there a specific time frame I should do this, or should you only follow up with schools only if you have a special circumstance? Please give specific answers and say why or why not! Thanks for all of the help in advance! :)

(Also on a side note, are you supposed to follow up with dental schools after you get an interview with the dental school? And how long should you wait if you do?)

Members don't see this ad.

So far, I have not had to follow up as the schools have updated my AADSAS, emailed me, etc. in a timely fashion. You have to remember that there are hundreds of us and only so many of them. Now that more people are applying, the time it takes to process everything will be lengthened. With that being said, it you haven't heard anything by September and you applied in July ok now let's get an update!

As for interviews, you'll need another opinion. I'm sure there are many who can help you with that.

Reactions: 1 users
No need to send one after applying, because they really haven't done anything and you wouldn't have much to say. After the interview, it is nice to send a thank-you note or email to your interviewers, whether it be professors, students, or staff. I included what I enjoyed about my experience and thanked them for giving me their time.

Members don't see this ad :)
No need to send one after applying, because they really haven't done anything and you wouldn't have much to say. After the interview, it is nice to send a thank-you note or email to your interviewers, whether it be professors, students, or staff. I included what I enjoyed about my experience and thanked them for giving me their time.
Your name and avatar are pure win.

How did that work out? The thank you notes...

I asked the director of admissions for the email of my interviewers and they always happily provided them. I recommend it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You asks the director via email? And how long did you email the director to ask after the interview? Also how long did you email the interviewers themselves after the interview?

You asks the director via email? And how long did you email the director to ask after the interview? Also how long did you email the interviewers themselves after the interview?

Yes. The Monday after my interview for both. Don't overthink things, it will be fine!

Good question.. I also want to check with UDM, I have sent them the supplement but they did not say they recieved them and it is still showing as "waiting additional information " in my page in AADSAS!