General Should I worry that AI detectors think my activity description is written by AI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I put my essays through AI detectors. One AI detector stated that several of my activity descriptions were 70-80 percent written by AI, and the detector claimed do have an accuracy of 99 percent (it was copyleaks detector). However I wrote my essays myself. I am really worried and scared that I will get in trouble for this or be rejected/blackballed. Do schools use these detection software to make decisions?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Out of curiosity I put my essays through AI detectors. One AI detector stated that several of my activity descriptions were 70-80 percent written by AI, and the detector claimed do have an accuracy of 99 percent (it was copyleaks detector). However I wrote my essays myself. I am really worried and scared that I will get in trouble for this or be rejected/blackballed. Do schools use these detection software to make decisions?
Honestly we don't know. This is too new to figure out anything that reliably says "this essay was 100% written by a chatbot" or what that means. Just like plagiarism detectors, it just raises the possibilities but is not proof.

Read

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like from my testing and playing around with these AI checkers, that they mostly look for words that are repetitive and unique. AI writing is also not very variable in terms of length and sentence structure. Real human writing is vastly different than AI writing unless you pormpt it correctly and make changes.

Regardless it’s difficult to tell right now unless you just blatantly take an essay written by an AI, which doesn’t read like real writing, at least to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.