Psychology Should I withdraw from Statistic Psychology or stay with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an undergrad senior applying for clinical psychology PhD programs in the Fall. I have recently decided to pursue the clinical PhD, and am trying to get pre-req courses complete. I'm currently taking statistics and measurement, the intro to stat/psych class most freshman psych majors take. I have already taken statistics as an underclassmen in college, and I'm finding that this course is more elementary and covers the same content. I would like to have more time to spend in my research experiences than in this course.

Would withdrawing from this course look bad to admissions committees, considering I already got an A in my original statistics course? Would this regular statistics class I took count as a pre-req to most programs?
Why were you allowed into the class in the first place? It would if subject relevant, you should have been sent to the psychometrics class if you had a standard statistics class as an undergraduate.

Members don't see this ad.

There are only a couple of weeks left, and if it's truly elementary to you, wouldn't you still have ample time to do research?

I feel as though it would draw more questions than what it would be worth. I suggest just sticking it out and avoid the W.

I can't answer the last question as it's a little less familiar territory for me, but wanted to throw in my general .02 since it's the very end of the semester for most.
Thank you and I agree with staying in it now. After more looking online it seems that the class I'm in is a pre-req, and it would be the safer option to stick with it. Thank you everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.