This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaliVera

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into Concordia's pre pharm to pharm program, but decided to go to Madison instead for undergrad. Is it a good idea to try and transfer back and avoid taking the PCAT or try Madison or MCW. Another factor in my decision is what each school prepares one for, I would like to be involved in research and psychiatric pharmacy; I've also heard that employers only care about Concordia as long you're looking for employment in Wisconsin/regional area while the others are nationally accredited.
Grade wise. I'm below average. My first semester and I got a B in gen chem (though it fulfills the requirement of two), and a B in multivariable, with a 3.3 overall, which may decline due to engineering classes. Should I jump the gun and take the higher chance of transferring or hope I can manage to get into even more competitive, but richer programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UW is the school to go to in Wisconsin by far. The PCAT isn’t that bad just take it. Plus you won’t want to move to middle of nowhere mequon when you are living in Madison.

UW is the school to go to in Wisconsin by far. The PCAT isn’t that bad just take it. Plus you won’t want to move to middle of nowhere mequon when you are living in Madison.
I'm actually from Mequon, so I wouldn't have to worry about housing or food costs if that changes your advice.

Concordia is still just the worst Wisconsin program. Pretty sure with in state tuition it is still cheaper to go to Madison even if you are paying for housing.