Medical Should I still take MCAT this week after tough life situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My grandmother passed today and my spouse wants a divorce. My MCAT is this Thursday and I don't know what to do. I'm currently waitlisted at one medical school, pending an updated January MCAT score. The other medical schools are allowing me to retake the MCAT in January(test concern). Should I send them an email to explain what's going on for their advice? I've put a lot of money in this cycle and have applied multiple times before(non traditional student). I'm not sure what I should do or how to think about whether I should push through it. Any advice is appreciated!

You have a lot going on. In my opinion, if I were you, I would withdraw my application. I don't know if I could emotionally handle taking the MCAT with all of this going on in my life. I think most schools would be sympathetic to your situation. Medical school is not a cure for handling grief. Our condolences to your family, and we wish you well with your divorce settlement, which could possibly affect your financial aid.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.