General Admissions & OTCAS Should I retake the GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roobeck

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had pretty much decided not to retake the GRE, but now I'm wondering if I should reconsider. Any advice would be so appreciated.
Here are my scores:
Quant: 151
Verbal: 165
Writing: 4.0

For context, here are the rest of my stats:

University: Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Major: Behavior and Health
Minor: Special Education
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: not sure yet, in progress with a couple
Experience:
80 hours geriatric OT observation
7 hours assisting and observing OT at a special education school (pediatric) in London (as part of a larger internship I did at the school working in a classroom primarily)
I've worked for the past two years (nearly 400 total hours) as a rehabilitation aide in various clinics where they do hand OT and PT (and in a couple of offices with PT only), helping patients through their exercise programs as well as cleaning equipment, answering office phones, and preparing hot packs and ice packs as needed

Do you think I have a chance of being accepted anywhere with my current scores? Would you recommend someone with my scores and stats retaken it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I had pretty much decided not to retake the GRE, but now I'm wondering if I should reconsider. Any advice would be so appreciated.
Here are my scores:
Quant: 151
Verbal: 165
Writing: 4.0

For context, here are the rest of my stats:

University: Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Major: Behavior and Health
Minor: Special Education
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: not sure yet, in progress with a couple
Experience:
80 hours geriatric OT observation
7 hours assisting and observing OT at a special education school (pediatric) in London (as part of a larger internship I did at the school working in a classroom primarily)
I've worked for the past two years (nearly 400 total hours) as a rehabilitation aide in various clinics where they do hand OT and PT (and in a couple of offices with PT only), helping patients through their exercise programs as well as cleaning equipment, answering office phones, and preparing hot packs and ice packs as needed

Do you think I have a chance of being accepted anywhere with my current scores? Would you recommend someone with my scores and stats retaken it?
You'll be fine with your current GRE as long as your prereq GPA is good. Getting the AW GRE up to a 4.5 will help for top tier programs but I'm not sure it's worth the suffering.

My opinion is that you definitely don't have to retake it! Those scores are pretty solid and your GPA is also pretty high. I would instead focus on writing an awesome personal statement and getting your applications together.