Should i Retake the ACT

Pr0digy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well i signed up for the ACT for june and i was just wondering other peoples opinions are. my guidance advisor said i shouldn't take it but she was the same one said that i should apply to a jr college so what she says means nothing. i have taken it 2 times, the first time i made a 12, second time i made a 34. So is this probably my score peak or could i rise it a couple of points? im going into my senior year this fall. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

12 to 34?? wow....are you sure your telling us the right scores?
That is a remarkable jump.

what the previous poster said is right. Noone should ever retake anything above like 32... a 34 with a high GPA is more than enough competitive for top tiers and IVY's

Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Why the H-double-hockey-sticks would you retake a stellar score like that?!

Are you insane?!

Hopefully not! Don't retake it. Oh and GREAT JOB!

all my friends convinced me the first time that i would have problems focusing for the long periods of time. So i got hopped up on red bull the first time and well i think i all i probably got right was my name. Second time i just showed up half sleepy like i usually do for school and did good. would that score be high enough with a 3.8 GPA to get into honors programs in highly competitive colleges?

all my friends convinced me the first time that i would have problems focusing for the long periods of time. So i got hopped up on red bull the first time and well i think i all i probably got right was my name. Second time i just showed up half sleepy like i usually do for school and did good. would that score be high enough with a 3.8 GPA to get into honors programs in highly competitive colleges?

Yes. Coming from a person who took the ACT like 5 times because my parents wanted to see how well I could do, it's not worth it. A 34 is a GREAT score. DO NOT retake it.

Yes. I have a friend at Yale with about those same scores. They look at Extra Curriculars too. A 34 won't be what stops anyone from getting into a college.

With a 3.8 GPA, 34 ACT's

Stellar Essay, Rec's and EC's...

you will definately make it to atleast one of the top 30 schools.

Are you all nitwits or something?
Of course you should retake it. It's not like it would hurt your
score because they always take the highest on each section
you know that. All it could do is get better.
You should defenently take it.

It's an amazing score, but it always could get better.