Should I put "yes" for academic infraction?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetTooth07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was placed on progress probation in my first semester of my freshman year because I dropped half of my units I was taking and received W's for each class. I was wondering if I should say yes on the AADSAS application for academic infraction? I am confused on what is considered academic infraction and not sure if this qualifies as one. I did not cheat or do anything that was unethical.

Members don't see this ad.

Academic Infraction​

Indicate whether you have ever been disciplined or placed on academic probation while attending an academic institution. If you select Yes, enter a brief explanation in the field provided. Include 1) a brief description of the incident, 2) specific charge made, 3) related dates, 4) consequence, and 5) a reflection on the incident and how the incident has impacted your life.

Source: Other Information

My answer: You were placed on academic probation, and that is an institutional action. You should answer "Yes" and describe as you have here (with help from your student conduct office).

Reactions: 2 users