Should I pursue PT career? Please give your insights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrUniverse47

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

A little bit about myself, Currently taking a break from school right now and working full time. I have only completed one semester at a community college going for some general courses. I am about to be 20 years old.
I've been thinking for the past couple of months on whether or not I want to pursue a career as a Physical Therapist. The reason I haven't made up my mind are because of several factors that I will list below.

~ Academically speaking, I never did too well in high school based off the GPA I graduated with as well as my test scores (2.9 GPA and 1300 SAT score before the new SAT test). I know that I can improve my SAT scores but my GPA is always something I struggled with.

~ Student debts/loans. I am for sure going to take out student loans to cover for my program but what I'm worried about is if I don't do to well and drop out the program leaving me with debt to take care of.

Right now I'm aiming for the PTA route but only because it is something I see as realistic. However recently, I have decided that I want to pursue bigger and better things and looked into the DPT program.

From my perspective, what would you guys do? Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Happy Holidays :)

Members don't see this ad.

How about this. Get your PTA. Finish a BS in whatever and include the pre-requisites for all health professions. Actually put in all your effort in your academics. Do well. Decide what you want to do then.

Reactions: 2 users
How about this. Get your PTA. Finish a BS in whatever and include the pre-requisites for all health professions. Actually put in all your effort in your academics. Do well. Decide what you want to do then.

Thanks

If you want to be an assistant then do this. However you post says you'd like to do bigger and better things. I suggest completing 2 years of community college and transfer those credits to a university, then complete university work for a bachelors and then complete physical therapy school.