Should I even Try?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi20

Reaction score
cGPA: 3.45, incomplete pre-requisites, new graduate, MCAT registered to be taken in March 2023. Volunteering 1000+ hours, shadowing: 50 hours, research 2 semesters, clinical experience: 300 hours, leadership: achieved during college, Clubs: 3+ during college.

My EC's are good, but my GPA is suffering. Do I even stand a chance in the application pool? I will be taking my pre-requisites during the summer, should I still apply for the upcoming cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA: 3.45, incomplete pre-requisites, new graduate, MCAT registered to be taken in March 2023. Volunteering 1000+ hours, shadowing: 50 hours, research 2 semesters, clinical experience: 300 hours, leadership: achieved during college, Clubs: 3+ during college.

My EC's are good, but my GPA is suffering. Do I even stand a chance in the application pool? I will be taking my pre-requisites during the summer, should I still apply for the upcoming cycle?
What's your science GPA? Take MCAT only when you are ready and scoring at least 508-510 on practice tests. Even if it takes another year, make sure you get as high MCAT as you can and try some MD and DO schools first. I would try at least 3 cycles of DO before you consider podiatry.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

study for the MCAT..aim for 500+, you will get in with scholarship $$. Good luck!

closing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.