should i call schools to tell them my new score on mcat ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palidaddy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
het whats up guys i need your help
so last year i did the mcat i did soo bad in it and ontop of that i applied mad late so i didnt get any inetviews ofcours so this year i applied early and im already done with the secondaries but my new mcat score the one i did in aug didnt come yet and when i submitted my amcas i wasnt sure if im taking teh aug mcat or not so i put no but i ended up taking it so now my question is when the score comes out in 2 weeks and GOD WILL i do really good should i tell the medschools my new score or they are going to see it automaticly ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
but when i did the aamc i didnt check the aug box i wasnt sure if i was ganna take it back then so what should i do ?

but when i did the aamc i didnt check the aug box i wasnt sure if i was ganna take it back then so what should i do ?

i am in the same boat...i submitted my primary before i registered for the aug mcat. my plan of action is to wait for the scores to be released and if i am satisfied with them (and i am assuming i will be) then i will call the school where i am applying and ask them how to proceed so that my secondary will be considered in light of the new mcat score rather than the previous one. also my secondary at this school is not yet complete (i am working with a do for a lor) so they have not looked at it yet. i think if you were already complete at a school things may be a bit more difficult.
best wishes.