Should I attend II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr_Irrelevant

OMS-4; Last pick but Hey! I'm Here!
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an II from PCOM-South Georgia but have been accepted and have paid the $2000 deposit at ARCOM. Can anyone comment on whether it would be worth while to travel for the PCOM-SG interview?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Suppose the II never arrived. Could you sleep at night knowing that you're going to ARCOM???
Soundly.. but I still like options.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have to do a cost/benefit analysis. Is having the extra option worth the money it will cost to travel there? Only you can make that decision. Are you flying or driving?

You have to do a cost/benefit analysis. Is having the extra option worth the money it will cost to travel there? Only you can make that decision. Are you flying or driving?
Driving approximately 4 hours, won't even be spending the night.

Driving approximately 4 hours, won't even be spending the night.

I would do it unless you know for sure you won't attend. That's a pretty low cost, but I like driving so maybe that's a higher cost for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Is PCOM less expensive than ARCOM? Board pass rates similar? Match list? Its nice to have options, but choose the school that gives you the best shot at achieving your goals. Everything the same, go with cheaper. If ARCOM is it, dont waste the trip. You can only attend one school. Why spend the travel time and money just to say you were accepted at 2 schools?

Unless you prefer the location of south GA, don’t bother.

Is PCOM less expensive than ARCOM? Board pass rates similar? Match list? Its nice to have options, but choose the school that gives you the best shot at achieving your goals. Everything the same, go with cheaper. If ARCOM is it, dont waste the trip. You can only attend one school. Why spend the travel time and money just to say you were accepted at 2 schools?
SG is that brand new campus that hasn’t even taken boards or maybe even sat a class yet. I know ARCOM is new as well. I personally wouldnt go to SG unless you wanna live close to home

I'm in favor of attending all the II's you can, at least until you have a few A's to make a more informed decision. The deposit you put down is already sunk. Unless money is super tight for you (or the flights are exorbitantly expensive right now), the travel expense won't mean much in the long term. Instead, you get the benefits of more interview practice, traveling to new places, meeting cool people, and maybe finding a program you didn't know you liked.

BTW Suwanee, GA is a nice, modern, suburban place. Rotations could put you in more rural places though. (edit: I confused the two GA location)

Last edited by a moderator:
If money is not an issue then attend.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Go to the interview. They're on the same level being very new. Although pcom sg is in rural moultrie, you may get more opportunities post grad as it's near atl, savannah, florida etc compared to the (imo) less exciting midwest.

I'm in favor of attending all the II's you can, at least until you have a few A's to make a more informed decision. The deposit you put down is already sunk. Unless money is super tight for you (or the flights are exorbitantly expensive right now), the travel expense won't mean much in the long term. Instead, you get the benefits of more interview practice, traveling to new places, meeting cool people, and maybe finding a program you didn't know you liked.

BTW Suwanee, GA is a nice, modern, suburban place. Rotations could put you in more rural places though.
Thanks for the input! It's the South Georgia campus though in Moultrie.

did you already have the interview by now @tpercy33 ? did you end up going or any updates? :D
Soon after I posted this, I got an interview invite to VCOM-Auburn which I attended. I cancelled PCOM-SGA.

• Love