General Admissions & OTCAS Should I apply to OT school or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AwesomeOT

Reaction score
Hello, I am just another student trying to get into school! can someone please tell me if my stats are good. or should I wait till next year?
Cum GPA 3.1
Pre-REQ 3.6
Observation hours: 20hr( HandT), 150 ( Hospital) 100 in Pediatric T
Work experience: Special Education Aide for 3 years, Camp counselor for kids- adults with mental disabilities. Volunteered in Autism Awareness walk 3 years.

I believe my personal statement is really good

Applying: Midwestern, Westcoast,UNE, Pacific, Standbridge, University of Missouri

Please HELP ME!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am just another student trying to get into school! can someone please tell me if my stats are good. or should I wait till next year?
Cum GPA 3.1
Pre-REQ 3.6
Work experience: Special Education Aide for 3 years, Camp counselor for kids- adults with mental disabilities. Volunteered in Autism Awareness walk 3 years.

Applying: Midwestern, Westcoast,UNE, Pacific, Standbridge, University of Missouri

Please HELP ME!

I’d say go for it! There’s plenty of people on here with worse stats than you! You don’t have anything to lose, besides the money you spend on your applications. Worst case scenario is you don’t get an interview, or you interview and don’t get in. This will be my 3rd year applying, every year that I don’t get in, I go see the OT advisor and ask how to make my application more competitive, I suggest you do the same. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I’d say go for it! There’s plenty of people on here with worse stats than you! You don’t have anything to lose, besides the money you spend on your applications. Worst case scenario is you don’t get an interview, or you interview and don’t get in. This will be my 3rd year applying, every year that I don’t get in, I go see the OT advisor and ask how to make my application more competitive, I suggest you do the same. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s jusy so scary! I really feel like my personal statement is going to get me in but it’s so terrifying! I wish you the best :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Cum GPA 3.1
Pre-REQ 3.6

Please HELP ME!

Apply!! It does not hurt!

It doesn't hurt to apply. Your work experience and OT observations make you well-rounded :)

HEllo just wanted to let people know
i was waitlisted of Midwestern last night

When did you submit your application and receive the verification email back?
Yah, I actually turned my application back in the middle of September and it got verified in a week.