DO Should I apply this cycle or wait till next cycle and retake MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wmo90

Reaction score
Guys, so I received my score two days ago...it was several point lower than my lowest FL. I got a 499. Cum and Science GPA is 3.2...decent extracurriculars all around and currently doing prostate cancer research at a medical school. Is there any point in applying to any DO schools at this point or should I wait until next cycle after I retake the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Edit: My 499 was not balanced...124, 122, 126, 127

What were your AAMC FL scores? I would retake and apply next cycle after you figure out if you have adequate time in the upcoming months to retake the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your AAMC FL scores? I would retake and apply next cycle after you figure out if you have adequate time in the upcoming months to retake the MCAT.
They were 506 (S), 503 (FL1), 506 (FL2), and 499 (FL3)

They were 506 (S), 503 (FL1), 506 (FL2), and 499 (FL3)
In that case, definitely figure out if it was nerves/fatigue/lack of simulated testing conditions that caused the score drop. You got this!

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend doing some good third party FLs (such as NS) and UWorld if you didn't the first time around. Luckily, you'll also have FL4 available.

I recommend doing some good third party FLs (such as NS) and UWorld if you didn't the first time around. Luckily, you'll also have FL4 available.
Is FL4 out now? I didn't see when I checked the AAMC MCAT prep

Is FL4 out now? I didn't see when I checked the AAMC MCAT prep
It's supposed to be out this month, but I don't know whether people who currently have all the online materials (myself included) will automatically get FL4 added, or if you have to buy it, or something else.

You can apply this month as long as you submit all your secondaries by November. Where is your state of residence ?
I suggest all these schools with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-ARKANSAS
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LUCOM
CHSU-COM (new school)
Sam Houston State (new school)
LECOM (all schools)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive some interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
You can apply this month as long as you submit all your secondaries by November. Where is your state of residence ?
I suggest all these schools with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-ARKANSAS
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LUCOM
CHSU-COM (new school)
Sam Houston State (new school)
LECOM (all schools)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive some interviews.
My state is Florida, but I might retake the MCAT because I know I can do better on my score.