Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah University 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just put my deposit down for the MSOT program! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything for us the meet the other people in our cohort?

Members don't see this ad.

I just put my deposit down for the MSOT program! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything for us the meet the other people in our cohort?
I also will be attending the MSOT program!! I have been wondering the same thing about connecting with other students in this program. I have not heard anything about a Facebook group, and I have not gotten any more information from Shenandoah since submitting my deposit. Hopefully we can keep each other informed!

Hey people! As a current student in this program, I’d love to share some information with you. Don’t go to this, or any, OTD program. Stick with an MOT and don’t give these tricksters any more of your hard earned money. These fools have been pitching the (half-baked) SU OTD program to our class for months. Today, our first day of classes this semester, they took an hour to pitch the OTD program to us. Begging for us to bite and take this low value degree (right now all of therapy is seeing a large reduction in reimbursement, lowering the value of all rehabilitation degrees, and in particular the OTD) and swallow thousands of dollars for no financial gain and the tile of ‘over-schooled therapist’ aka OTD.
In short - get an MOT and get out. Or these vampires will suck every resource you have until you are so far in debt that you can never be an ethical practitioner. ✌

What was the reason for pitching the OTD program to you guys? Are they trying to fill seats? Or just for general knowledge?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also will be attending the MSOT program!! I have been wondering the same thing about connecting with other students in this program. I have not heard anything about a Facebook group, and I have not gotten any more information from Shenandoah since submitting my deposit. Hopefully we can keep each other informed!
Yes I will let you know if I hear or see anything!

Does anyone know if a Facebook page been made for the new OTD cohort class of 2023? (Winchester)

Hey guys! If anyone is apart of the MSOT program starting this fall, there’s a Facebook group for people to connect now. It’s called “Shenandoah University Occupational Therapy class of 2022“

Has anyone received anymore information from Shenandoah or anything confirming your attendance after sending in the deposit?? I haven’t and I’m not sure if this is abnormal.

Based on a couple of the Shenandoah OT program graduates I talked to, we won’t be hearing until closer to orientation, which seems to be May...

I found out I got into another program that is local to me and decided to go there over SU. Hopefully this means someone still on the waitlist will hear back with good news soon!!!!!