Sharing notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_windwaker

Reaction score
Any of you share notes amongst your colleagues? I’m a bit hesitant, someone wants all of my notes from p3 year and they aren’t great but I just don’t want to share. I also don’t want it to ruin a job opportunity down the line but I feel like my notes are my own personal notes. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

The fact that you’re asking this question leads me to believe they are “notes” rather than actual notes. If they are actual notes, who cares? Share away.

Yeah, are these "notes" something like a copy of the NAPLEX? Because I don't understand why you think CVS will withdraw a job offer after they hear about you sharing med chem notes with a P3 five years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, are these "notes" something like a copy of the NAPLEX? Because I don't understand why you think CVS will withdraw a job offer after they hear about you sharing med chem notes with a P3 five years ago.

Exactly. The fact that person is posting leads me to believe these are “notes” rather than actual notes.

Any of you share notes amongst your colleagues? I’m a bit hesitant, someone wants all of my notes from p3 year and they aren’t great but I just don’t want to share. I also don’t want it to ruin a job opportunity down the line but I feel like my notes are my own personal notes. Thoughts?

1) Yes. Especially through Quizlet or Chegg.com...For more detailed notes I’d copy and paste and share to help others. In return, I’d receive notes from others. Give and take.

2) Give an example how it’d ruin a job opportunity? In the end, they’re your notes so you can lock them in a vault never to see the light of day if you wish

I think they mean not sharing notes would hurt their chances of the asker helping them to get a job in the future.

Are you seriously asking advice on whether you should share your notes or not? I can't wait until you get to encounter more serious decisions when you start working...

Reactions: 3 users
I typed all my notes in pharmacy school. I gave them to whoever asked nicely. When I missed a class, those people would get me a recording of the lecture so I could make more notes.

Reactions: 2 users
LMAO these are not “notes” rather they are just simple lecture notes. I just don’t feel comfortable based on how it was proposed to me... “hey I’m gonna take all of your notes”

Also I’m thinking what if this guy is my boss later on and remembers that I didn’t share my notes

I’m just asking because it is for underclassmen

Last edited:
LMAO these are not “notes” rather they are just simple lecture notes. I just don’t feel comfortable based on how it was proposed to me... “hey I’m gonna take all of your notes”

Also I’m thinking what if this guy is my boss later on and remembers that I didn’t share my notes

I’m just asking because it is for underclassmen

Why is this even up for discussion. If you don't feel comfortable giving away your notes, don't give it. Youre not going to lose a job over this in the future. I promise you.

Last edited:
Honestly I would just lie and say I didn’t have notes or that I lost them.

Well no, I would give my notes but if for some reason I didn’t want to then I would probably lie. I might also just ignore the request until they stopped asking. I probably would not say that I didn’t want to share them because reasons.

The fact that you're having doubts about sharing these notes should be enough reason for you to NOT share these notes. If there's even the slightest chance that you think this will come to bite you in the ass later, then don't do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe informative threads get closed or moved to the job market forum but useless threads like this stay here.

Reactions: 1 users
I can't believe informative threads get closed or moved to the job market forum but useless threads like this stay here.

Side Note: Job Market Sub-forum has high traffic views with those informative posts ;)

Mentos Triggered.png

• Haha

I can’t believe people post useless comments like this. What purpose does this dude mentos’ post serve?

ULPT: edit your notes with wrong information. Do your part in fighting oversaturation.

Reactions: 2 users
I can’t believe people post useless comments like this. What purpose does this dude mentos’ post serve?

This is my son's favorite book, you should read it too it will help with your decision. I'm sure if he can make tough decisions like this, you can too.

Amazon product

Someone at work wants your lecture notes from P3?

"Nah I threw them away"

I could never give away my notes. I had a serious problem of drawing weiners all over the borders of my notes.

Haha just kidding.. Geeze I came back several hours later to see how my joke went over.. apparently no one else does this?

Did you put personal stuff in your notes like, "Man, ole man Kilmer is droning on today. I wonder how his hot student assistant can stand hearing this class a 2nd time. Maybe she'd go out with me if I asked her, I mean, I'm not exactly interesting, but I'm certainly more interesting than ole man Kilmer."

Whatever your reasons, follow the advice above and just tell the person you 1) already promised your notes to someone else 2) lost your notes when moving 3) want to save your notes to study for boards with, because you are just that kind of guy.

These are the kinds of graduates pharmacy schools are churning out now. Smh