Sharing Advice/ Guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsares12

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! decided to share here for Those who are looking for some guidance. just like you a few years ago I was looking to go into medicine and had no idea about what Caribbean medical schools were about, but I did hear the negative things about them. However I trusted in myself and take a chance with SGU and I am here a US-IMG almost PGY-2 in psych. if you have any questions feel free to drop them down below.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No I’m not. Just attended the school and matched successfully. So wanted to help others who are looking to go down the same path

What are some of your tips for matching Pysch??

What are some of your tips for matching Pysch??
Getting as much experience as possible. In your 3rd and 4th year of medical school, after your core rotations try and schedule different psych electives at different hospitals so you can get the feel of psych in different institutions.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you give your best tips on how to succeed at SGU and what one should know before making the decision to attend

Looking at your post history, I worry that the Carib is high risk for you. In this thread you mention that after 2 years of school your sGPA was 2.5, and in a later thread you mention you were likely to get a C in organic chem. You haven't posted anything new since. An update on your performance would be helpful, including your MCAT score.

In general, my general advice is this: you should assume that if you attend a carib school that all of the learning / study will be up to you. Do not expect lectures to be high yield. Do not expect lots of support from profs, or the school. 30% of people fail out. Everyone who fails out was sure they would not be the one failing out.

Reactions: 3 users