Share your thoughts on a surgical preference card app idea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jajabobo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm working on an idea for a surgical preference card app designed to help medical professionals like doctors, nurses, and scrub techs manage surgical preferences in the operating room. Before diving into the project, I'd like to gather valuable insights and feedback from you, the potential users, to ensure the app caters to your needs effectively.

If you could spare a few minutes, I would greatly appreciate your input on the following questions:

1. How do you currently keep track of surgical preferences? Are you using any existing apps, tools, or is it mainly pen-and-paper?
  2. What are the key features you would like to see in a surgical preference card app? What would your ideal user experience look like?
  3. Would you be willing to pay for an app that effectively meets your needs in managing surgical preferences? If so, do you prefer a subscription-based model or a one-time purchase?
  4. Lastly, we're brainstorming potential names for the app. If you have any catchy, professional, and relevant name suggestions, please share them!
Your feedback and insights will significantly contribute to shaping the app's development, and I truly appreciate your time and effort in responding. Thank you so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Preference cards are generally built into the EMR. So when a case is booked, they can print out and pull the associated preference card.
Many things on the preference cards relate to the supply chain and inventory tracking, and is used at the hospital level for charges, maintaining par levels, etc.
When I changed jobs years back, I was able to get copies of my preference cards to give my new job.
I guess my question is this: Why do I need an app for this and why would I pay for it? and how do I ensure the hospitals I work at also will pay for, and use, the app rather than their current system that also helps them do tracking and charges?

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

I'm working on an idea for a surgical preference card app designed to help medical professionals like doctors, nurses, and scrub techs manage surgical preferences in the operating room. Before diving into the project, I'd like to gather valuable insights and feedback from you, the potential users, to ensure the app caters to your needs effectively.

If you could spare a few minutes, I would greatly appreciate your input on the following questions:

1. How do you currently keep track of surgical preferences? Are you using any existing apps, tools, or is it mainly pen-and-paper?
  2. What are the key features you would like to see in a surgical preference card app? What would your ideal user experience look like?
  3. Would you be willing to pay for an app that effectively meets your needs in managing surgical preferences? If so, do you prefer a subscription-based model or a one-time purchase?
  4. Lastly, we're brainstorming potential names for the app. If you have any catchy, professional, and relevant name suggestions, please share them!
Your feedback and insights will significantly contribute to shaping the app's development, and I truly appreciate your time and effort in responding. Thank you so much for your help!

Waste of time and money.

Surgical preference cards are apart of every EMR at this point. Even the old archaic ones in the early 2000s had some type of preference card system.

Besides, it's pointless when preference cards don't even get updated regularly or staff doesn't pay attention to them. That's a human issue, not a technology issue.

Reactions: 1 user