Share your stock Entry and Exit as you make them thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted556323

B

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
sold 3x BA $120 put expiring april 9th last friday, it went up big this monday, 2k profit over the weekend, closed when it hit near 143.
sold 3x BA $140 put expiring april 17 mid-day after it hit 145, it went up big this morning, 1.3k profit overnight, closed immediately after 9:30AM.
opened 10x BA $180 call credit spread expiring april 17 around 10AM, it went up a little before crashing hard for the rest of day, ~800 profit in 4 hours, closed shortly before 4PM.

i love day trading BA cuz its IV is so damn big and made all options super juicy lol.
i will continue to do daily bearish positions on BA as it just loses its upward momentum and keep sliding down. when it hit 110-120, i might consider holding stocks thru put assignment and sell weekly OTM covered calls afterwards.
90 is probably its absolute min and 120 will serve its robust support. in worst case scenario, i won't be bagholding for more than 1 week.

Last edited:
Bought 60 shares USO at $5. Up $5.40 at closing LoL.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I bought 1400 shares of AAL at 11.5. I’m riding this stock until it hits $50

Reactions: 1 users
Bought a share of VOO about a month ago for $223.

Very rarely do I buy individual stocks but I bought 1000 shares of ALK at $23.75 pretty recently

Enjoy your losses.

Team VTAPX for now.

Yes I know with unlimited QE and now the Fed rescuing fallen angels this is unlikely. I bought a few cheapo Jan 2021 F calls a few weeks ago

Guys, we appreciate the responses but the point of this thread is to share your trades as you make them. We don't really care what you did a few weeks ago.

sold 24k of FZROX yesterday at a $2800 loss. Had been DCA’ing every month for past 2 years. am going to put it back into market if we drop to SP500 2200

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, we appreciate the responses but the point of this thread is to share your trades as you make them. We don't really care what you did a few weeks ago.

But doesn’t that mean we have to post our trades before knowing if it was a wise move or not? I like to selectively only post my winning moves to show how smart I am...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
But doesn’t that mean we have to post our trades before knowing if it was a wise move or not? I like to selectively only post my winning moves to show how smart I am...

Exactly LoL.

Enjoy your losses.

Team VTAPX for now.

Yes I know with unlimited QE and now the Fed rescuing fallen angels this is unlikely. I bought a few cheapo Jan 2021 F calls a few weeks ago

Ford is probably one of the worst investments you could ever make. They're not able to keep up with the other ICE manufacturers and they think they can compete with Tesla? Stock has dropped almost 70% since 2013. They'll be trading at $1 within the next 2 years. Put a link to this comment in your calendar! 4/10/2022

Ford is probably one of the worst investments you could ever make. They're not able to keep up with the other ICE manufacturers and they think they can compete with Tesla? Stock has dropped almost 70% since 2013. They'll be trading at $1 within the next 2 years. Put a link to this comment in your calendar! 4/10/2022

I have never shorted a stock but if I were going to it might well be Ford.

Bought MNLO this week at 1.15 average. Have some more in reserve if they drop down to 1 or lower. The reason I bought is because their clinical trial failed this week and they were down 50% on Monday and another 25% on tue. they are a biotech trading near cash value now and have 1 Fda approved drug and a pdufa for another drug approval on 6/2.

I am aiming for a 50% to 100% gain on this one by june. will sell before the pdufa

You forgot the unlimited QE part

This is pointless. You can just delete your posts if they don't work out. Why not just join the stock market paper trading group in my signature? There's a rankings ladder, you can see real-time gains/losses, etc.

Don't post here then.

All these fake trades.

Screenshot or ban.

This is pointless. You can just delete your posts if they don't work out. Why not just join the stock market paper trading group in my signature? There's a rankings ladder, you can see real-time gains/losses, etc.

Because No one wants to waste their time with fake money and potentially miss out on a nice entry price on their real account. I mean who cares if you were able to win millions of paper money. We aren’t in school anymore. We are doing this to either get a nice vacation out of it or to build for retirement or whatever your motivations are... comparing di@k sizes with fake money is completely pointless.

That doesn't make sense. Put the trades you make with your "real money" then. That way its actually recorded for everyone to see and you cant undo it. Either that or start posting statements. You can delete your posts. This thread unfortunately means nothing, because you can just delete your bad trades.

who cares if we make a bad trade? that is part of being a trader. I would gladly post real trades. I make 5 to 15 trades a week. I'm only going to post some of my best ideas here. they are for everyone's benefit, not for bragging.... most of my best ideas of the last few years would have made you alot of money. if I have a bad trade, and I do, I like to record those too in my personal trade diary so I can later study why I did screwed up.

That doesn't make sense. Put the trades you make with your "real money" then. That way its actually recorded for everyone to see and you cant undo it. Either that or start posting statements. You can delete your posts. This thread unfortunately means nothing, because you can just delete your bad trades.

Wait, I have never been to your paper trading group... are you saying your challenge thing is literally just a spreadsheet or something like it? I thought you were using a paper trading app where people make trades in real time... well that makes your group even more pointless. Posting here is a lot easier... no one has deleted their posts yet...

It's paper trading via Investopedia's browser based platform. Your trades are recorded in real time and you can't undo them. If you buy or sell a stock, we can see when and how much and what your gains/losses are for the trade and there's no way to change it. All you can do is buy or sell. You're also ranked compared to everyone else in the group on you total balance, so no claiming your good trades and keeping your bad trades secret. If you make money on a small Tesla bet, but then sell everythign after the market goes down 30%, we'll see that you're losing, not making money.

But that was my whole point. If we are using your paper trading tool to buy and sell, then we are not using our real money account. What if we are trading using the paper account and the stock goes up, then we just missed a good opportunity with our real account.

I actually don’t care if people delete their posts. I just want to see what people are buying, so I can then do my own research to see if it’s actually worth it.

You started that paper trading group because you wanted to prove 76777(or baby stock bull) wrong, so all you need is for him to join lol and if I remember correctly, you started it right before the market crash, so technically he’s winning big right now haha

@owlegrad can you please delete any response in here that does not state "bought this stock today" or "sold this stock today"? This is exactly why we wanted to start this thread, cause the investment thread is full of arguing, politics, and e-penis comparisons.

We just want to share our daily trades. We don't care what people did last month, what their asset allocation is or how much their net worth is. We just want to see what people bought or sold today. That is all.

Last edited:
It's going to be incredibly difficult to keep track of everything and have a continuous discussion and assessment of what everyone is saying. A paper trading platform literally does it for you and assimilate and documents everything. Not sure why there is pushback for this. I'm not saying anyone has to do anything. If you want to publish your trades on here instead more power to you. Makes no sense to me why we wouldn't use the type of tool that was designed for this very purpose. I'm just providing the option. I actually put time into researching the best platform and creating the thing because I thought it would solve this problem that has been plaguing the investment forum since it began--people only sharing their investment decisions that went well and keeping the bad ones a secret and so overestimating their stock picking/timing abilities.

Please stop posting here no one cares what you have to say. You've single handedly ruined this thread. Go argue in the investment thread.

Last edited:
No one cares about these trades.

I can post everyday and it's all fakes lmao. Just talk or "ideas". This is a half ass thread.

Do you want me to start? Spamming stupid trades with no proof?

Bought 100 shares brk-a yesterday. Imma be rich!

• Dislike
@owlegrad can you please delete any response in here that does not state "bought this stock today" or "sold this stock today"? This is exactly why we wanted to start this thread, cause the investment thread is full of arguing, politics, and e-penis comparisons.

We just want to share our daily trades. We don't care what people did last month, what their asset allocation is or how much their net worth is. We just want to see what people bought or sold today. That is all.

Sorry, I can’t moderate that extremely. If anything I should merge or close this thread for being off topic. I don’t really mind off topic thread though so I will let it slide.

The part that is weird to me though is it seems to me that pharm c is right. If you want to see what people are buying and selling why not use a platform that tracks what people are buying and selling?

If people want to post their trades here though that’s fine. If it’s just another thread where people discuss investing though I don’t see why we need a whole new thread for that when we have a perfectly good thread for people to argue in.

I won’t keep harping on it but I don’t know why people hate subthreads so much though, I would much prefer to keep pharmacy on topic and let y’all have y’all s own space to discuss investing.:bookworm:

It's paper trading via Investopedia's browser based platform. Your trades are recorded in real time and you can't undo them. If you buy or sell a stock, we can see when and how much and what your gains/losses are for the trade and there's no way to change it. All you can do is buy or sell. You're also ranked compared to everyone else in the group on you total balance, so no claiming your good trades and keeping your bad trades secret. If you make money on a small Tesla bet, but then sell everythign after the market goes down 30%, we'll see that you're losing, not making money.

Okay... just to humor myself, I joined your challenge. Looks like I'm #1 simply by doing nothing hahaha
I'll be active with your challenge as long as it doesn't impede my real trades.

Putting PharmC on ignore is a great option just fyi. Eliminates his typical 1-3 paragraph post, and his additional paragraph sig of nonsense.

Oh I have the perfect idea! Let’s create a poll asking people to vote on whether we should have a special subforum specifically for stocks/investing. We’ve never done anything like that before and it is sure to lead to peaceful and constructive feedback.

Oh I have the perfect idea! Let’s create a poll asking people to vote on whether we should have a special subforum specifically for stocks/investing. We’ve never done anything like that before and it is sure to lead to peaceful and constructive feedback.

No, I feel like people will just ignore it like every other subforums

Before coronavirus: only a fool would try to pick stocks. Buy index funds instead

After coronavirus: get me some shares of Groupon, Ford, Dunkin now!!

Bought DIS 5/15 $120c

1 contract lol

595 shares GLDM @ 16.85, 325 shares SLV @ 14.19, just a small safety hedge in case inflation does finally appear.

I'm holding off on buying anything for now

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
you're wild. this is the share-what-you-bought thread

Reactions: 2 users
I'm throwing 1k at GILD 4/24 100c at market open and selling in 10 minutes. These markets are very meme-y.

Actually bought $6,000 of GILD 4/24 calls @ $100 upon opening and sold off for $9,719. Pretty much sold at the top (at the moment). Meme markets LMAO.

However that does almost erase my capital losses YTD

Gilead was doing jack all for me the last 2 months so

Bought USO again today at 2.18. Hopefully I’m not throwing my money away here.

What is your reason behind buying?

Are you trying to catch a falling knife

Bought MNLO this week at 1.15 average. Have some more in reserve if they drop down to 1 or lower. The reason I bought is because their clinical trial failed this week and they were down 50% on Monday and another 25% on tue. they are a biotech trading near cash value now and have 1 Fda approved drug and a pdufa for another drug approval on 6/2.

I am aiming for a 50% to 100% gain on this one by june. will sell before the pdufa

65% return in 2 weeks. sold half, will ride the rest up with a trailing stop at 1 50 right now

Haha this might be the thread for me!

All in Tesla currently running 414 shares. Sold to open 4 contracts $850 strike expires 8/21.

Haha this might be the thread for me!

All in Tesla currently running 414 shares. Sold to open 4 contracts $850 strike expires 8/21.

Wow congrats! How much did you buy in for?

Bought 10 shares of SPG @ $50. Up 10% to $63 today! Although I may wait to cash out because I'm very bearish on malls.

Sold:
10 shares of [email protected]
1 share of [email protected]
2 shares of AMZN@2,444.83
10 shares of [email protected]

Sadly I overextended myself this month with home improvement projects so I needed to liquify some stocks. These were the stocks that had appreciated the most since purchasing them.

Wow congrats! How much did you buy in for?
I averaged a lot down in the $300's. Sold at $900 and rebought again in $600's.

selling covered calls? selling cash secured puts and covered calls are 2 of my favorite ways to make cash!

My favorite way to generate passive income by selling covered calls! I tend not to do cash secured puts during a bull market because a stock will trend upward generally speaking unless I'm doing a weekly put expecting a slight pull back.