Shadowing an ENT guy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiedyeddog

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I am an undergrad and I'm not looking for complex anatomy book suggestions. I am a senior and I am going to shadow a ENT for a week or so including when he does surgery. I know nothing about ENT, are there websites that explain in really dumbed down terms the bread and butter of ENT or could someone explain it to me(I feel this could be a dumb question)? I just don't want to spend the entire time walking around confused, as I did previously when I shadowed an Ortho guy.

Also, any of you had an undergrad or high schooler follow you around? Any tips on how not to annoy the guy and stay out of the way while making the experience useful?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I use ENT Secrets. I don't think it would be too dense for an undergrad.

Let me preface this by saying I am an undergrad and I'm not looking for complex anatomy book suggestions. I am a senior and I am going to shadow a ENT for a week or so including when he does surgery. I know nothing about ENT, are there websites that explain in really dumbed down terms the bread and butter of ENT or could someone explain it to me(I feel this could be a dumb question)? I just don't want to spend the entire time walking around confused, as I did previously when I shadowed an Ortho guy.

Also, any of you had an undergrad or high schooler follow you around? Any tips on how not to annoy the guy and stay out of the way while making the experience useful?

Thanks.

i think it depends where you are going to be shadowing him at... my dad is an ENT doc, and as a kid i remember seeing entirely different things when i was with him in clinic versus the few times i hung out with him in OR or wards.