SGU chances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swolebabydoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to learn my chances of getting into SGU. Before I hear, as long as you can pay or have a pulse I was rejected. I have a 2.4 cGPA & 2.7 sGPA. My MCAT is 487 (terrible i got it). I've signed up with a prep company and I am currently enrolled in 2 science courses and have A's and plan to take 1 summer and 2 fall courses. I want to apply for the Jan term.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

With these stats you are unlikely to get into SGU. I was rejected and I had much higher stats than you.

Also, if you wanna do med school you need to do better than 2 science classes per semester as a postbacc. You need to prove to admissions, and most importantly yourself, that you can handle a medical school curriculum. If you can sustain above a 3.75 gpa in atleast a year of FULL-TIME postbacc consisting of science courses, and you're able to score atleast 10 points higher on mcat, SGU would probably throw you a bone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
With these stats you are unlikely to get into SGU. I was rejected and I had much higher stats than you.

Also, if you wanna do med school you need to do better than 2 science classes per semester as a postbacc. You need to prove to admissions, and most importantly yourself, that you can handle a medical school curriculum. If you can sustain above a 3.75 gpa in atleast a year of FULL-TIME postbacc consisting of science courses, and you're able to score atleast 10 points higher on mcat, SGU would probably throw you a bone.

I ask bec my S/O had a MCAT of 496 and cGPA of 2.9 and was admitted so I didn't know how much I needed to go. I am going to increase my workload and I retake my MCAT in late July.

Members don't see this ad :)
I ask bec my S/O had a MCAT of 496 and cGPA of 2.9 and was admitted so I didn't know how much I needed to go. I am going to increase my workload and I retake my MCAT in late July.
If you can get both gpas above 2.8 and get at least 495 I think you have a good chance.

They did your SO a dissservice and did you a favor. With those numbers neither of you is likely to get through med school in the carribean let alone match.

This is an expensive gamble

Reactions: 1 user