September 2013 PCAT Preliminary Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, good luck to anyone and everyone who is a September 2013 PCAT test taker. I wish all of my fellow peers the best of luck! My exam isn't until the 18th, but let's start a new thread for all of your prelim scores :) Share your thoughts, feelings, helpful tips...ANYTHING about the September 2013 PCAT.

Please, also provide the study material you used.

Good luck to you all!!!!! :):):):):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mine is on Wed, and I am soooooooooooo nervous right now!!! Hope people who take it tomorrow will share some thoughts about Sep PCAT! Just to see if it is more similar to practice 2 and 3, or it is more like #4--which is seriously not good because I completely boomed that one!!!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!

Good luck on Wednesday, I take mine on Sept17. Thanks for informing us when you do. Don't be so nervous, state of mind is key in finishing strong on a standardized exam! Take a breather.

good luck to you both!!! @xeuminak try to relax and just keep your mind clear and focused when you're taking your exam!! :) best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both so much!! I am so nervous because I heart the actual PCAT will be VERY similar to practice #4, and it is really hard ;(

just got back from my exam!

Verbal: 432/91
Biology: 421/79
Chemistry: 438/96
Reading Comp: 431/94
Quant: 442/93
Comp: 96

It seemed pretty straightforward! I think I got lucky with the verbal and reading comp because the words/passage were MUCH easier than the practice exams. Really surprised about quant and chem. There was a lot more word problems for quant and more conceptual problems for chem and less math. I was really expecting biology to help my comp score especially since I'm a bio major, but oh well :p

For my practices exams I had 80-99% for every test so those are pretty accurate!

just got back from my exam!

Verbal: 432/91
Biology: 421/79
Chemistry: 438/96
Reading Comp: 431/94
Quant: 442/93
Comp: 96

It seemed pretty straightforward! I think I got lucky with the verbal and reading comp because the words/passage were MUCH easier than the practice exams. Really surprised about quant and chem. There was a lot more word problems for quant and more conceptual problems for chem and less math. I was really expecting biology to help my comp score especially since I'm a bio major, but oh well :p

For my practices exams I had 80-99% for every test so those are pretty accurate!

Congrats! And thank you for share this! Would you say it is similar to practice #4 or it is more like practice 2+3?

Congrats! And thank you for share this! Would you say it is similar to practice #4 or it is more like practice 2+3?

thanks! I would say PT#4 but easier Reading and actually reasonable words on Verbal. But that's just my exam, it can vary between test dates/locations

Congrats :) How did u find the math? Did you see any trig and were you able to finish on time? My biggest fear is that I'll run out of time :(

thanks! I would say PT#4 but easier Reading and actually reasonable words on Verbal. But that's just my exam, it can vary between test dates/locations

It is going to be a nightmare for me, I did horrible on #4, but I would say I did much better than the report said because pearson really messed up my answer key for this one! Some how they changed my answer, say I chose A for question 8, and it is right, but they changed it to D and marked it wrong! I don't know what was wrong with the system but it is so annoying that I could not find out how exactly I did on #4! Anyway, it is a relieve to know that actual verbal and reading are not that hard though:D

Back from my exam!

Verb 423/82%
Bio 502/99%
RC 436/97%
QA 479/99%
Chem 485/99%

Composite 465/99%

I thought I ruined my test but I was so shocked when I got my score! I was going to register for another PCAT when I finished my test. The difficulty was quite hard for me, pretty similar to PT#4. But I guess I got lucky!!

I was scoring 80-99% for all three pearson tests so I guess its quite accurate.

Does the preliminary scores change in the official report?

Back from my exam!

Verb 423/82%
Bio 502/99%
RC 436/97%
QA 479/99%
Chem 485/99%

Composite 465/99%

I thought I ruined my test but I was so shocked when I got my score! I was going to register for another PCAT when I finished my test. The difficulty was quite hard for me, pretty similar to PT#4. But I guess I got lucky!!

I was scoring 80-99% for all three pearson tests so I guess its quite accurate.

Does the preliminary scores change in the official report?

Congrats! Your score is really impressive! Would you say the biology part has more detail questions?

Congrats! Your score is really impressive! Would you say the biology part has more detail questions?

Definitely!! I remember very detailed anatomy questions and few others too. To be honest there is no way one can memorize all that. I had to guess a few and judging by the score, I must have got it right or it was one of the 8 questions which aren't graded.

Definitely!! I remember very detailed anatomy questions and few others too. To be honest there is no way one can memorize all that. I had to guess a few and judging by the score, I must have got it right or it was one of the 8 questions which aren't graded.

Now you making me nervous:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks,

I just came back from the exams and have a sub par score.

Verbal : 412/68%

Biology 440/95%

RC: 359/ 3%

QA: 426/88%

Chemistry 408/61%

Composite 409/66%

I know only Bio score stands out and the RC absolutely sucked. I didnt do any pearson practice tests at all and only practiced a few passages from Dr. Collins on paper. I should've practiced the Pearson ones though. Now, I wonder if average private schools can accept this overall score of mine. I am aiming for private colleges like St Joseph at CT, South College Tennesse etc. and I have a good GPA (3.78) and hope to maintain it this semester. Do you think my GPA can offset the poor PCAT score?

I am not considering to resit as of yet, and my priority is to get in to a non-PCAT requiring school. Suggestions please :)

BTW, I completely blurred out when I was doing the RC. I cant stare at a computer screen for long hours and my eyes were absolutely bloodshot when I was out. My english does suck, but not to the point that I'd be in the 3% zone lol.

So would you say that the chemistry was like that on PPT #4? Or was it more similar to dr. collins practice questions? Did you even see or remember if any of collins questions were actually on there?

I didnt practice at all! I just read the Kaplan book and read Dr Collins for Verbal/RC. Just practice PPT and u will be fine. Bio and Chem was easy, shud have done better in Chem

So would you say that the chemistry was like that on PPT #4? Or was it more similar to dr. collins practice questions? Did you even see or remember if any of collins questions were actually on there?

I should say it was PT#4 and Dr. Collins mixed together. I saw a lot of questions from Dr. Collins, but as you know PT#4 and Dr. Collins already have many questions in common.

Hey folks,

Biology 440/95%

Chemistry 408/61%

Composite 409/66%

I know only Bio score stands out and the RC absolutely sucked. I didnt do any pearson practice tests at all and only practiced a few passages from Dr. Collins on paper. I should've practiced the Pearson ones though. Now, I wonder if average private schools can accept this overall score of mine. I am aiming for private colleges like St Joseph at CT, South College Tennesse etc. and I have a good GPA (3.78) and hope to maintain it this semester. Do you think my GPA can offset the poor PCAT score?

I am not considering to resit as of yet, and my priority is to get in to a non-PCAT requiring school. Suggestions please :)

You didn't do that bad, I still think you have good chance with your gpa :) How did u find quant? Was there any trig and were you okay with time?

Okay thanks! And btw how were you scoring on average on the chemistry and biology dr. collins tests? Because I find it so difficult in getting an A, I haven't been doing very well.:(

Okay thanks! And btw how were you scoring on average on the chemistry and biology dr. collins tests? Because I find it so difficult in getting an A, I haven't been doing very well.:(

I was doing about 42~47/50 on my first attempt. And after reviewing the study guide and Kaplan again, I scored 48~49/50 on my second attempt. I reviewed all the questions twice. If you are not doing well I think you should spend more time reviewing the study guide and other materials!

I should say it was PT#4 and Dr. Collins mixed together. I saw a lot of questions from Dr. Collins, but as you know PT#4 and Dr. Collins already have many questions in common.

Was biology any similar to Dr. Collins? Took three practice test that I found out Dr. Collins really lacks in biology, especially A&P, I did not have A&P so this is my weakest part!

I was doing about 42~47/50 on my first attempt. And after reviewing the study guide and Kaplan again, I scored 48~49/50 on my second attempt. I reviewed all the questions twice. If you are not doing well I think you should spend more time reviewing the study guide and other materials!

Wow that's really good on your first attempt. Yeah, and as for the chemistry did you just review from Dr. Collins? I find that it's not sufficient for me, considering I still keep missing quite alot of questions.

let me be first first to say: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH

i just finished the PCAT the first time. i'm surprised i got so low on reading and verbal but what the they hey i'm done.

Verbal: 52
Biology: 89
Reading: 54
Quant: 88
Chem: 99
Comp: 92

Is this composite score gonna roughly be staying the same? Or is there a chance that it'll drop or whatever. and does anyone know if there are some pharmacy schools that look harshly on verbal and reading????????????? THANK YOU

let me be first first to say: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH

i just finished the PCAT the first time. i'm surprised i got so low on reading and verbal but what they hey i'm done.

Is this composite score gonna roughly be staying the same? Or is there a chance that it'll drop or whatever. and does anyone know if there are some pharmacy schools that look harshly on verbal and reading????????????? THANK YOU

Congrats! You did pretty awesome :) Did you use Dr Collins?

Went from 66% to 95%!! I bombed he reading for only 17% but who care lol. And I do t think I did too hot on writing but those aren't that important

i just finished the PCAT the first time. i'm surprised i got so low on reading and verbal but what the they hey i'm done.

Congrats!!!

Went from 66% to 95%!! I bombed he reading for only 17% but who care lol. And I do t think I did too hot on writing but those aren't that important

Thats awesome! What did you do differently, this time studying for the test to achieve a 95%?

I took the PCAT today and didn't get a score report!! :thumbdown:

Did anybody else have this problem? Were your scores supposed to pop up on the computer screen when you were done? I asked the woman that worked at the testing center and she didn't seem to think I was supposed to receive one... I just spoke with a Pearson Vue testing representative and now I have to wait a week for them to send it to me! :mad:

You didn't do that bad, I still think you have good chance with your gpa :) How did u find quant? Was there any trig and were you okay with time?

Hey, thanks for your reassuring reply. Quant was Ok, I sort of rushed towards the end and didnt answer 10 questions. There was lots of calculus and trig was there of course. It's all doable :) it's my first PCAT btw

Hey, thanks for your reassuring reply. Quant was Ok, I sort of rushed towards the end and didnt answer 10 questions. There was lots of calculus and trig was there of course. It's all doable :) it's my first PCAT btw
Really? The blueprint said there is no trig :S was it just basic SOH CAH TOA ?

Congrats! Did the 2013 updates that I sold to you help?

Thats awesome! What did you do differently, this time studying for the test to achieve a 95%?
2nd PCAT
VA. 403, 52%
Bio 455, 99%
RC 379, 17&
QA 453 98%
Chem 463 99%
Com 431 95%

1st PCAT
VA 390 30%
Bio 421 79%
QA 413 72%
Chem 422 81%
Com 409 66%

as yall can see, my VA went up and i would say is due to Dr. Collin and i memorized like 600-700 GRE vocals
Bio: Dr collin's practice material
QA: better time managing ( i didnt even get a chance to fill out like 8 problem and guessed over 5-10 on the last few problems on the 1st pcat and i attempted to solve every problem and thus lead to the low grade)
Chem: Dr COLLIN DR COLLIN DR COLLIN. it definitely help base on reading over their study guide, and practice problems were helpful as well. oh and july 2013's update is highly recommended and get the fall ones whenever they are available. i would say dr collin is the best one prepared me on chem part
RC went down bc some of the article were hard to understand, not the words but its content

2nd PCAT
VA. 403, 52%
Bio 455, 99%
RC 379, 17&
QA 453 98%
Chem 463 99%
Com 431 95%

1st PCAT
VA 390 30%
Bio 421 79%
QA 413 72%
Chem 422 81%
Com 409 66%

as yall can see, my VA went up and i would say is due to Dr. Collin and i memorized like 600-700 GRE vocals
QA: better time managing ( i didnt even get a chance to fill out like 8 problem and guessed over 5-10 on the last few problems on the 1st pcat and i attempted to solve every problem and thus lead to the low grade)
Chem: Dr COLLIN DR COLLIN DR COLLIN. it definitely help base on reading over their study guide, and practice problems were helpful as well. oh and july 2013's update is highly recommended and get the fall ones whenever they are available. i would say dr collin is the best one prepared me on chem part
RC went down bc some of the article were hard to understand, not the words but its content
Awesome!!! Great to hear that it helped! I got mine scheduled on 18th. I hope that I could do like you did!!

2nd PCAT
VA. 403, 52%
Bio 455, 99%
RC 379, 17&
QA 453 98%
Chem 463 99%
Com 431 95%

1st PCAT
VA 390 30%
Bio 421 79%
QA 413 72%
Chem 422 81%
Com 409 66%

What an amazing improvement. Dr. Collins is hands-down one of the best review guides for the PCAT if anyone else was wondering.

2nd PCAT
VA. 403, 52%
Bio 455, 99%
RC 379, 17&
QA 453 98%
Chem 463 99%
Com 431 95%

1st PCAT
VA 390 30%
Bio 421 79%
QA 413 72%
Chem 422 81%
Com 409 66%

Thats great! Are you selling those updates by any chance?

Hey folks,

Biology 440/95%

Chemistry 408/61%

Composite 409/66%

Some schools have cut-offs for each subsection so you might want to check with your admission committees for that. You have a strong GPA that should definitely help and balance your PCAT score. To answer your question though, from what I have found is that a score of 70+ is the norm for a competitive score.

I took the PCAT today and didn't get a score report!! :thumbdown:

Did anybody else have this problem? Were your scores supposed to pop up on the computer screen when you were done? I asked the woman that worked at the testing center and she didn't seem to think I was supposed to receive one... I just spoke with a Pearson Vue testing representative and now I have to wait a week for them to send it to me! :mad:

They are supposed to print it out and hand it to you after you completed the test. Did you select the option to receive your score in the beginning? I blanked out and almost selected to not get my score.

@Binch222..how did you do on math & and chemistry? how many questions have u skipped please share your experience ....

@Binch222..how did you do on math & and chemistry? how many questions have u skipped please share your experience ....

i think i skipped like 5-10 problems on math. cant remember the exact amount and i believe i skipped like 3-5 problems on chem because i knew it would take too long. and some of them i just have no idea/dont remember so i just randomly guessed

i would recommend to just guess an answer for those problem you are going to skip and just flagged it so you can go back and work it if you have time. by guessing an answer for those problems you are going to skip would save a min or two out of the entire section simply bc going back and randomly guess answers would require some times as well. 1-2 mins out of 30 mins are a lot!!!

What an amazing improvement. Dr. Collins is hands-down one of the best review guides for the PCAT if anyone else was wondering.

dr collin is definitely the best for chem and bio but math wasnt sufficient... i was say Pearson's practice pcat was the best for preparing the QA. it is very similar when it comes to the difficulty. it is a good way to practice on the timing
and it is helpfulon VA :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!! Am gonna do like this bcs I have problem with time management ...

I am pretty scared for this, mine is on Sept 16th, and I just don't feel ready D:

I have the Dr Collins and I've used Kaplan for biology. I've done all the biology practice problems in the Dr Collins and i've consistently gotten 40 or higher on all of them, but i can't help but think that when the real deal arrives, it's gonna throw me a giant curveball.

Plus my time management skills in tests aren't the best, any tips at all from those who've done it?