Sepsis, hypernatremia, and fluid resuscitation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've seen angioedema and coughs with ACE inhibitors, but never hyperkalemia. I've seen Pts on an Ace and spironolactone, which you probably shouldn't mix. Lisinopril and amlodipine are free here.
Eh. I mix ACEI+spironolactone - just need to keep an eye on things. Both are good drugs.

Shouldn't mix ACEI+ARB though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I give them 25 mg HCTZ and tell them to follow-up with their doctor. We really don't benefit these patients by starting therapy for a couple weeks and then they run out. Most are never going to follow up with a PCP.

bp control in general

ace/arb first -> ccb (nifedipine>amlodipine) -> sprio vs thiazide depending on how i feel -> vasodilatory bb (coreg, nevibilol) -> hydralazine -> minoxidil

we get referred a **** ton of resistant hypertension and that cascade works 7-8/10 times. 2-3/10 because they aren't taking their meds.

Members don't see this ad :)
bp control in general

ace/arb first -> ccb (nifedipine>amlodipine) -> sprio vs thiazide depending on how i feel -> vasodilatory bb (coreg, nevibilol) -> hydralazine -> minoxidil

we get referred a **** ton of resistant hypertension and that cascade works 7-8/10 times. 2-3/10 because they aren't taking their meds.
Are you a nephrologist? Why would they refer to you resistant HTN?

Cards, dunno why we get the resistant hypertensives instead of renal, but that's the culture here.
Interesting! Cards would laugh where I am if some internist or FM doc refer for resistant HTN.